Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

Happy Birthday to Paul McCartney, 79 today. I lost interest after 'Band On the Run' but you've got to hand it to him, still playing live so many of those Beatles classics.

Thank you Paul for helping to make my childhood and teen years so magical.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I still put on this whole album. A beauty. They became a bit grandiose and boring after this in my opinion but this album, and the stuff he did with other bands like Visage, was the best of early eighties pop. 

The worse thing was it only got to number 2 in the charts ,voted the best number two record not to get to number one ,number one was Jo Dolce ,Shaddap You Face.

Saw Ultravox live 1983 ish excellent

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, bannork said:

Nick Drake was born on this day. He left behind three wonderful albums.

One track from each:

Northern Sky 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:53 PM, bannork said:

Happy Birthday to Brian Wilson.

What a song this is!

Good call. Had not heard this in decades but it's still fresh and great.

Prompted me to look up when I saw BBs live - apparently November 1966 in London. Not sure at this remove if they played this!

11 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

stopped listening to new music after 1995, with very few exceptions ( Adele, Linkin Park maybe)

1955-1985 were simply unbelievable , then decline in standards & innovation set in.......

Overall you are right........but there is some fantastic new music coming out all

of the time.Just have to keep searching.Chances are you will not find it here,i am lucky enough to enjoy both old and new music.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:42 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Gerry Rafferty - 3 of his best from 78-79

Light in your head and dead on your feet....you used to think it was so easy...one more year and then you'll be happy....but you're crying now....and the saxman plays....love this song

• Like 2

Supposedly a hit across Europe in the early 70's.

"The song is intended to sound to its Italian audience as if it is sung in English spoken with an American accent, designed to be "Bob Dylan-esque";[1] however, the lyrics are deliberately unintelligible gibberish with the exception of the words "all right"."

I've heard plenty of songs sung in English too over the years and haven't been able to understand what the heck the lyrics are. ???? 

Edited by bobandyson

I've just had a real cracker of a 'blast from the past', but sorry, I can't link it here.

But if you've a VPN that lets you into the BBC you enjoy an hour of Tina Turner, most of it recorded on good old 'Top of the Pops'.

Fabulous stuff. 81 years old now and what an amazing career she had.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1