How have the farang expat demographics changed?

moontang

On 1/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, BritManToo said:

The hiking club I belong to has changed from almost all white to almost all Chinese.

The Chinese tend to be entire families, where the white folk were mainly single, or married to locals.

Last hike was 2 Brit guys, one Russian lady and about 20 Chinese.

CM Hiking Club?  Maybe I'll come to the next hike and alter the demographics. :wink:

8 minutes ago, connda said:

What an incredibly racist comment.  Hummm.  ????

I could post security videos of Chinese people pis$ing and spitting into the pool. They even s#!t in the bushes even though the toilet is ten metres away. This makes me racist? They behave like animals, I don't care what you think about that.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

In the realm of teaching, the shortage of incoming farangs has shown some have come out of retirement, while many moved up to better schools. Then to fill the mid-level positions they left, more Filipinos were taken in to replace them, that perhaps would not have been considered before. Many other positions were simply left empty.

Yeah, I can see it. Offer my service to a school in Chiang Mai at close to 70.
"We pay 20,000 baht, but you too old.  Only 10,000 baht."
Me:  Eight years of teaching experience, three teaching as a NES in Thailand, can teach computer science as well as English - but keep your job.  I can't stand racists or age discrimination. 

14 minutes ago, connda said:

What an incredibly racist comment.  Hummm.  ????

Not really, you can't ignore a socially inept and ignorant people by not saying it as it is.  Many times,  supposed 'racism', is just stating the obvious truth that some people don't want to hear pass their sensitive ears.  

• Like 2