Travel by car: Khorat - Patts. and return next week-end?

thurien

The paper that cannot be quoted has just published an update that says shopping centres will maintain normal hours and interprovincial travel from at-risk provinces will be allowed.  This contradicts other recent reports so the advice to wait until it's official is probably the best anyone can give.

I drove from Korat to Pattaya today. The traffic was very light, I did the drive in 4 hours, no stops. Yesterday Korat implemented a quarantine plan if you enter Korat province from Chonburi where Pattaya is located

ihe order essentially stated that when you return to Korat from Pattaya, you have to see a medical office and go into 2 weeks quarantine.

There is a report in the Bangkok Post

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2045299/korat-quarantining-travellers-from-red-zones

1 hour ago, houstoniron said:

I drove from Korat to Pattaya today. The traffic was very light, I did the drive in 4 hours, no stops. Yesterday Korat implemented a quarantine plan if you enter Korat province from Chonburi where Pattaya is located

ihe order essentially stated that when you return to Korat from Pattaya, you have to see a medical office and go into 2 weeks quarantine.

There is a report in the Bangkok Post

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2045299/korat-quarantining-travellers-from-red-zones

thanks; yes, the PM today pointed out again "no lock down, no travel restriction" but problems start once I come back from RedZone Chonburi to Khorat (see 14d warning above)

Whether its allowed or not, why do people have to wait until they receive orders to do something? If you are allowed, surely its better to ask yourself if you need to travel or not taking account of the risks associated with human contact?  Governments can only go so far, at the end of the day each and everyone of us has a duty to behave responsibly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Whether its allowed or not, why do people have to wait until they receive orders to do something? If you are allowed, surely its better to ask yourself if you need to travel or not taking account of the risks associated with human contact?  Governments can only go so far, at the end of the day each and everyone of us has a duty to behave responsibly.

Well said K. Whilst the Covid is around anyone who doesnt have a good reason to travel anywhere should just stay where they are until it settles down. In Australia thousands of people set off interstate for holidays .There was an outbreak of the virus and the states slammed the borders SHUT leaving them stranded  and unable to get home without 14 days hotel Quarantine at $3000 AUD. In these uncertain times you are better off to stay where you are so you dont get caught out.