2nd Wave and Kids

4MyEgo

Just out of curiosity, has anyone outside of the 28 provinces in lockdown, decided to stop sending their kids to school, and if so, the reason.

My wife told me last night that the schools that our kids go to had sent out messages on LINE on Saturday night asking parents to advise the schools if anyone or their kids had come into contact with any relatives/friends over the recent long weekend from the affected provinces, and to provide the provinces those friends/relatives came from, and those parents replied with, yes Auntie from Rayong, no, yes mother and father from Chon Buri, etc etc, those that answered yes were advised not to send their kids to school for 14 days, however some parents said that they had no choice to send their kids to school because they were working and other reasons like no one to look after them.

The above said, this morning my wife messaged the school asking if the school was stopping kids who had been in contact with relatives/friends from those affected provinces going to school and the school replied, we are seeking that parents/grandparents do the right thing and keep the children home for 14 days, so in other words no.

We have therefore decided to hold off sending our kids to school for this week at least. 

Are we the only over the top parents ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone outside of the 28 provinces in lockdown, decided to stop sending their kids to school, and if so, the reason.

My wife told me last night that the schools that our kids go to had sent out messages on LINE on Saturday night asking parents to advise the schools if anyone or their kids had come into contact with any relatives/friends over the recent long weekend from the affected provinces, and to provide the provinces those friends/relatives came from, and those parents replied with, yes Auntie from Rayong, no, yes mother and father from Chon Buri, etc etc, those that answered yes were advised not to send their kids to school for 14 days, however some parents said that they had no choice to send their kids to school because they were working and other reasons like no one to look after them.

The above said, this morning my wife messaged the school asking if the school was stopping kids who had been in contact with relatives/friends from those affected provinces going to school and the school replied, we are seeking that parents/grandparents do the right thing and keep the children home for 14 days, so in other words no.

We have therefore decided to hold off sending our kids to school for this week at least. 

Are we the only over the top parents ?

mine stays at home for at least 14 days or until  I feel comfortable sending her out...  you are not the only one worrying  555

• Like 2

Why would anyone risk the health and possibly the lives of their children?

Mine are all grown up, but wouldn't have hesitated in keeping them at home......especially when you have serial liars like Johnson telling you schools are safe.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

I was wonderig how many kids under `16 have caught the Covid and or died from it.Anyone know ?..Just asking.

Not many kids under 16 have died from what I have read as it affects the elderly, mainly above 80 years of age, or obese people and those with underlying conditions such as myself, some of those underlying conditions that it affects is diabetes, heart conditions and people who have had strokes, etc, etc, etc.

Kids go to school, and if unlucky enough, get infected with Covid 19 and bring it home to the elderly or parents with underlying conditions, and therein lay the problem, apparently it doesn't seem to affect kids, unless they have some underlying condition that they are not aware of, as I have read some have died that way in the USA. 

23 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Why would anyone risk the health and possibly the lives of their children?

Mine are all grown up, but wouldn't have hesitated in keeping them at home......especially when you have serial liars like Johnson telling you schools are safe.

...and today, one day later, schools are no longer safe.....!!!!

Johnson and everyone of his nodding dog cabinet need to go.

• Haha 1

If kids are being taught online again will this effect the end of term date?

Most government schools that started online mid-May before switching to normal classes in July still added an extra month of teaching (March 2021), meaning the 6 weeks of online teaching (May-June) was meaningless and didn't count for anything

On 1/4/2021 at 5:46 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Not necessary, even that the school said that children, who had been travelling to red zones should self.quarantine for two weeks after returning. The province-governor yesterday afternoon closed all schools until January 18th, even if it's not a "red zone province".

Our prime minister encourages folks to stay home for 14 days, so probably no big deal to stay home, if you prefers that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1