Transfer of stamps to new passport

Happy new year to everybody.

Does anybody know if you have to have the embassy letter to transfer the stamps to a new passport or are some immigration offices do it without the letter?

7 hours ago, pe747 said:

Happy new year to everybody.

Does anybody know if you have to have the embassy letter to transfer the stamps to a new passport or are some immigration offices do it without the letter?

Australian embassy doesn't do letters  anymore. Jomtien did it no letter. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When did that happen? Just curious.

Had not heard of that change.

In September. I did ask her at the desk and she said they didn't issue them. They did put a stamp on the old passport that it had been cancelled and replaced but they left me to fill in the new number.????

7 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

How much does you IO charge for this?  Samui charged me 1500 baht.

You've been had, tripple had.

I was only single had, paid 500 baht at the same office for a service that should be free.

16 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

is there a time limit between getting a new passport from your embassy and going to immigration for the transfer or stamps ?

There is no written rule for when it needs to be done.

I suggest doing it as soon as possible to avoid having to use both passports.

35 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

is there a time limit between getting a new passport from your embassy and going to immigration for the transfer or stamps ?

With the current situation I personally would do nothing regarding transfer of stamps. Reason being no international travel possible. I realize there are other things you need pp for. Bank etc. Just present both.

Can do it upon your next extension. 

BTW not sure how a new passport effects your 90 day reports if done online. I'm guessing your pp details need to be updated?

1 hour ago, lom said:

You've been had, tripple had.

I was only single had, paid 500 baht at the same office for a service that should be free.

Correct there should be NO CHARGE. I was asked for 500 Baht. I demanded a normal pink receipt, and after she went out back to speak to the boss I was handed back my 500. 

After getting out of quarantine January 16th, I shall go to Immigration following Monday to transfer stamps and also renew my extension of stay, which is due January 30th.

I wonder what stamps have to be transferred, because the arrival stamp is already in the new passport and the extension of stay stamp will be made in the new passport. So maybe it's only the old Non Imm O stamp?

28 minutes ago, pe747 said:

I wonder what stamps have to be transferred, because the arrival stamp is already in the new passport and the extension of stay stamp will be made in the new passport. So maybe it's only the old Non Imm O stamp?

They will transfer your current extension stamp and do a stamp with spaces on it for info about your non-o visa and old passport. The will also transfer the stamp for your entry done with the visa.

I transferred my stamps to my new Australian passport about 6 months ago. Mahasarakham IO did it without the letter and asked for 200 Baht. But they did do all the photocopies of the old passport Thai-related stamps themselves.

1 hour ago, pe747 said:

After getting out of quarantine January 16th, I shall go to Immigration following Monday to transfer stamps and also renew my extension of stay, which is due January 30th.

Yes. Only the old Non O stamp

Archived