Local production of AstraZeneca vaccine kicks off, Thailand signs up for 2 million doses from Chinese firm

webfact

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Why does Anutin still have a Job.

This procurement of a few Doses of a Vaccine is really pathetic.

He should have negotiated for Millions of Doses months ago.

The Money was borrowed from ADB to do this, so why has it not been done is the question the people have to ask.

The first doses go to countries who invested... Thailand probably invested nothing... So they are far down the list of priority 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HOAX said:

Considering all the vaccine scandals in China, no way I'm taking any vaccine coming from that country. Not even the Chinese trust Chinese vaccines.

Never heard of scandals involving European and American vaccine makers before?

Last year, over one hundred died after taking flu shots in South Korea. Up to 2019, hundreds of children in the Philippines have died after taking a dengue vaccine. I wondered from where the vaccines were from?

Also never heard of the 1976 flu vaccine scandal in the US?

The fiasco of the 1976 ‘swine flu affair’

After months of negative media coverage, the Guillain-Barre reports brought an overdue end to the swine flu affair. Ford’s programme was suspended in December 1976 with only some 20% of the US population vaccinated. And since the US government had offered liability coverage to the pharmaceutical manufacturers that summer, hundreds of compensation claims from Guillain-Barre claimants followed for years afterward.

Let's face facts, whoever would go for a Russian or Chinese vaccine must be out of mind. We all know how these countries behave with ethical ruling. Moreover The challenge will be to get enough vaccines for the whole population and FREE. Which I imagine will unfortunately be impossible in this country cancerized by sick bureaucracy and omnipresent corruption. And last issue: the vaccination priority. In my opinion first the healthcareworkers and others having an essential function in this crisis. After the civil population and here I would act opposite to most countries. Instead of starting with the eldest, begin with the youngest and end the vaccination program with the senior citizens. This in respect with the circle of life. And by the way I am 68 years old.

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

AstraZ for me. I would not touch the Chinese one with a ten foot pole!

Some knowledgeable people are willing to pay good money for inactivated vaccines (all from China). Recently, it was found that some Sinopharm vaccines were smuggled to Japan and taken by 18 people there. These people are not willing to take mRNA or modified chimpanzee virus vaccines. 

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Anybody willing to take the Russian Sputnik vaccine ? ,will Thai people

be told if they are getting the Chinese or Russian versions of the vaccine.

Russia has been selling its vaccine to many countries;  Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil,  Egypt, India, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Palestine Authority, Republic of Korea  Uzbekistan ,Venezuela.

Good luck to them.   China will be selling to African countries.

I will not take Russia or China product. I do not want to take Astra Zeneca if I can have Moderna which seems to have the best outcome of all the vaccines.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Let's face facts, whoever would go for a Russian or Chinese vaccine must be out of mind. We all know how these countries behave with ethical ruling. Moreover The challenge will be to get enough vaccines for the whole population and FREE. Which I imagine will unfortunately be impossible in this country cancerized by sick bureaucracy and omnipresent corruption. And last issue: the vaccination priority. In my opinion first the healthcareworkers and others having an essential function in this crisis. After the civil population and here I would act opposite to most countries. Instead of starting with the eldest, begin with the youngest and end the vaccination program with the senior citizens. This in respect with the circle of life. And by the way I am 68 years old.

Your country would be the sick man of the world for far longer than anywhere else.

The people filling the hospitals for 3 week stays are in their 50's and 60's, most of them survive but they are the ones who fill up the hospitals.

This age group are not being vaccinated as a priority anywhere in the world as far as I'm aware.

16 hours ago, lujanit said:

I wonder which vaccine costs $17 as ai Anutin has said.  Maybe all of them if they go through the politicians sticky fingers.

Just have a look who owns Bio Lifescience and then you will understand why they seemingly won a no bid situation to produce for Thailand.....

17 hours ago, kotsak said:

So it seems our generalissimo has signed off the populace to become a guinea pig for the jabs that have not reached Phase 3 yet?

Try reading paragraph four of the article before posting erroneous comments.

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before I take a vaccine, I want to know which one it is. No Chinese or Russian vaccines for me. I want the Moderna or the upcoming J&J single shot. But I'll wait to see how its effect on initial recipients first.

hahaha, I want I want ...

would love to see you ask in a hospital

will be other <deleted> if they force it as an visa extension requirement...

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before I take a vaccine, I want to know which one it is. No Chinese or Russian vaccines for me. I want the Moderna or the upcoming J&J single shot. But I'll wait to see how its effect on initial recipients first.

I don't want any vaccine but can the see writing on the wall that they will be mandatory. As far as I know both the Russian and Chinese vaccines are traditional tech and thus pretty predictable in their level of danger. The new MRNA ones coming from western pharma companies are the ones I don't trust, they have never been used on a human being before. I'd rather go with the old tech.

• Like 1

This should be fun when we hear from the "Everyone In The World Needs To Be Vaccinated Against Covid" crowd who then are Geo-politically anti-Chinese and anti-Russian.

They they are told that they're required to have a Covid-vaccination to remain in Thailand but only Sinovac or Sputnik V are available.  ????

Oh, the cognitive dissonance that will create!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rancid said:

I don't want any vaccine but can the see writing on the wall that they will be mandatory. As far as I know both the Russian and Chinese vaccines are traditional tech and thus pretty predictable in their level of danger. The new MRNA ones coming from western pharma companies are the ones I don't trust, they have never been used on a human being before. I'd rather go with the old tech.

Yeah.  I'm happy that a few billion people will be clamouring over the first year's doses and probably right into 2022.  By the time we're forced to show a vaccine to obtain an extension, I'll opt for proven "old" technology over these unproven "new" technologies line mRna.
Personally I could care less about the efficacy.  If I'm not forced to take the vaccine I will not, so I could care about efficacy. My immune system will provide all the efficacy needed as far as I'm concerned (I don't care what anyone else thinks. I won't even discuss that topic further than to state it)

What I care about is how much damage the "new" technology have the potential to do i.e.,  those new vaccine technologies with no long-term human studies in the 5 to 10 year range

Personally - I don't care what anyone else does.  It's up to them.  But I have no plans to be a willing lab rat for new vaccine technology especially considering that all of the world's governments have given the vaccine manufactures complete indemnity so no one can sue their companies for damages.  If the brand new vaccine technology hurts or kills you?  Too bad.  You could try to sue your own government but may be tied up for years if you can find an attorney to take your case.  In countries like India, you can't even do that.  
I don't want to go there, so I'll avoid 'new vaccine tech.'

So for me personally?  I don't care what country makes the vaccine.  But considering that China (Sinovac's CoronaVac) and Russia (Sputnik V) are based on older tech you can guess which I'll take if I have to take any of them. 

Everybody else?  Do what you want to do.   Best of luck.

• Like 1

Just the other day when it was announced that Thailand would be getting the 2 million doses the announcement was coy about where the vaccine was coming from.  Some T-V posters speculated it was China and they were on the money.  Let's start with all the generals and all their hangers-on with this vaccine and see how they do. 

• Like 2

Who actually will want a vaccine ?

You do realise that if you are healthy and under 60 there is virtually no chance of you dying from Covid.  

This is borne out by statistical data all over the world.  Feely available.

Just look at "Under 60 and no underlying illness or pre-existing condition" deaths..........

There is a big demand for over 60 years old, and people with pre-existing illness to get a vaccine.  But how many people in Thailand are there that are over 60, or people with a pre-existing illness ?  

Statistically for an under 60 year old who is healthy, there is more chance of dying in a road accident.  So if you not stopping driving you car or motorbike........why would you take a vaccine you dont need ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Yeah.  I'm happy that a few billion people will be clamouring over the first year's doses and probably right into 2022.  By the time we're forced to show a vaccine to obtain an extension, I'll opt for proven "old" technology over these unproven "new" technologies line mRna.
Personally I could care less about the efficacy.  If I'm not forced to take the vaccine I will not, so I could care about efficacy. My immune system will provide all the efficacy needed as far as I'm concerned (I don't care what anyone else thinks. I won't even discuss that topic further than to state it)

What I care about is how much damage the "new" technology have the potential to do i.e.,  those new vaccine technologies with no long-term human studies in the 5 to 10 year range

Personally - I don't care what anyone else does.  It's up to them.  But I have no plans to be a willing lab rat for new vaccine technology especially considering that all of the world's governments have given the vaccine manufactures complete indemnity so no one can sue their companies for damages.  If the brand new vaccine technology hurts or kills you?  Too bad.  You could try to sue your own government but may be tied up for years if you can find an attorney to take your case.  In countries like India, you can't even do that.  
I don't want to go there, so I'll avoid 'new vaccine tech.'

So for me personally?  I don't care what country makes the vaccine.  But considering that China (Sinovac's CoronaVac) and Russia (Sputnik V) are based on older tech you can guess which I'll take if I have to take any of them. 

Everybody else?  Do what you want to do.   Best of luck.

I'm alright Jack.

Vaccines only work to eradicate a disease when they achieve herd immunity. Numbers like 90% vaccination rates have been thrown around for Covid. Everyone has to do their part. So, apart from just being selfish, a healthy person who doesn't vaccinate is basically taking a spot away from those that can't vaccinate, like young children or those with underlying health conditions. Not getting vaccinated when otherwise healthy is basically the same as a healthy person taking a handicapped parking spot, but just a lot more despicable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RR2020 said:

Who actually will want a vaccine ?

You do realise that if you are healthy and under 60 there is virtually no chance of you dying from Covid.  

This is borne out by statistical data all over the world.  Feely available.

Just look at "Under 60 and no underlying illness or pre-existing condition" deaths..........

There is a big demand for over 60 years old, and people with pre-existing illness to get a vaccine.  But how many people in Thailand are there that are over 60, or people with a pre-existing illness ?  

Statistically for an under 60 year old who is healthy, there is more chance of dying in a road accident.  So if you not stopping driving you car or motorbike........why would you take a vaccine you dont need ?

You might not need it and might not die, but since there is a chance that you might end up in hospital anyway, it's a question about doing something for someone else. 

It's not just about mortality. 

The more beds occupied, the more people will have their regular surgeries postponed and the staff will be under pressure for a longer time. 

So if a shot can keep me away from the hospital I'm more than happy to get a shot, so I'm not a part of the problem. 

As for the AZ vaccines produced in Thailand it's great news. It's a Robust DNA vaccine that is cheap and easy to distribute so it's a good option for Thailand. 

Personally I'm more of a fan of the new mRNA tech.

It's basically a recipe that can be designed super fast, so future vaccines against other vira could probably pass even faster. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/moderna-designed-coronavirus-vaccine-in-2-days-2020-11%3famp

• Like 1

If you read the article 200 million doses should be produced in Thailand by March next year.

They will be exporting by then if all goes well.

The warning is that the single shot dose will not protect for more than 8 months so

I will wait for the double shot if this proves to look like being true

On 1/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, worgeordie said:

Anybody willing to take the Russian Sputnik vaccine ? ,will Thai people

be told if they are getting the Chinese or Russian versions of the vaccine.

regards worgeordie

Maybe the Sputnik vaccine contains a high level of Vodka.  One jab and you're in orbit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, vangrop said:

I hear you but i would put it in a bit different way. About the civil population, i think its good to start with the most vulnerable. They have the most risk of getting in trouble. But with approach of this virus in the last 10 months i think they made a big mistake by stopping the "normal world" for the young and the healthy to protect the vulnerable. They should have separate this vulnerable group and let the others live on in a normal way. The economy, and many people, would be better of and the herd immunity (supported by the vaccin) would be in reach sooner. 

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 10:02 AM, Golden Triangle said:

I will not be having the Chinese or Russian vaccines thank you very big, even if I have to self isolate at home for nearly 5 months I will wait until the Oxford University/AstraZeneca is available here in Thailand.

image.png.1118eb68645df2a491bf9ce5886cf285.png