Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Trump invited supporters to "wild" protest, and told them to fight. They did.

webfact

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, it is not about the people but about the image. He wants to be seen as standing by the good patriots, a pardon would do that.

it would be an affirmation of  white privilege - Trump's signature.

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

The rioters have been caught on camera.  I'll bet that right now steps are being taken to identify and charge them.

You would hope so! But with events unfolding almost hourly there will be so much just swept under the carpet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I am glad it is all over in a few days the world is laughing about America

confeve!  even the chinese are laughing.  they're running articles comparing the hong kong riots with the capital occupation, declaring the storming "a beautiful thing."

12 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump locked out of Twitter for 12 hours.  Hopefully his account will be suspended permanently....

[“As a result of the unprecedented and ongoing violent situation in Washington, D.C., we have required the removal of three @realDonaldTrump Tweets that were posted earlier today for repeated and severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy,” announced Twitter’s Safety account. “This means that the account of @realDonaldTrump will be locked for 12 hours following the removal of these Tweets. If the Tweets are not removed, the account will remain locked. Future violations of the Twitter Rules, including our Civic Integrity or Violent Threats policies, will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account.”]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-twitter-facebook-capitol-siege-video-removed-locked-005124684.html

I don't think  a Billionaire really cares one way or another.

3 hours ago, klikster said:

No one who is a patriot of the USA could like this photo .. or the acts associated with it. How many tens of thousands of brave souls died so these acts should never happen the the U.S.

Yes that's the office of the second in line to the presidency.

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

It would seem this was premeditated by 45's cult.

There is no reason giuliani and 45 jr should not be under arrest today, after their comments yesterday at the pre-insurrection rally.

goobers.jpg

Not seems. Definitely. 

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hey, look at the bright side.  They flushed any thought of a Trump 2024 candidacy right down the toilet.

And I'm not sure that was accidental, given the lackluster security arrangements.

We'll call this post an example of "conspiracy theory lite".

Edited by placeholder

Facebook will block Trump from posting at least for the remainder of his term

Facebook is blocking President Donald Trump from posting to his account for an indefinite amount of time and at least until President-elect Joe Bide assumes the Oval Office, CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced Thursday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/facebook-will-block-trump-from-posting-for-the-remainder-of-his-term.html

• Like 1

Now these losers are being hunted down like dogs.  Hopefully with felony charges.

It shouldn't be hard to track them down.  They are not that smart and a lot of them are openly bragging on social media.

Edited by shdmn

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

According that story he's not banned from twitter anymore and the very first statement from him via one of his lackeys included continued denial of the results of the election. 

...Trump’s 12-hour ban from Twitter ended at 7am Washington time. . Trump did not immediately return to the social network. A few hours earlier, his deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, had shared on his behalf a short statement committing to an “orderly transition” of power – albeit maintaining that he “totally disagrees with the outcome of the election”.

Edited by shdmn

16 minutes ago, shdmn said:

According that story he's not banned from twitter anymore and the very first statement from him via one of his lackeys included continued denial of the results of the election. 

Yes that’s why I edited my post...strangely enough before you quoted me, which I don’t quite get. 

Edited by Bluespunk

22 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Twitter I don't know, but he has a 2 week facebook ban.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Strange because Twitter had said they would extend the 12 hour ban until he removed the post.

So maybe he removed the post in question?

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Hey, look at the bright side.  They flushed any thought of a Trump 2024 candidacy right down the toilet.

And I'm not sure that was accidental, given the lackluster security arrangements.

Going by the responses and reaction of the last few days by the Republican head honcho's, I strongly believe they will kick him out of the GOP on the 21st