Immigration Website - TM30 - unable to edit or search

I already have a profile and password etc. on the Immigration website (link below) for filing a TM30 (change of address) and have used it successfully before.  Recently I re-located from BKK to Koh Phangan.  The owner where I'm staying (a resort that I've entered into a long-term lease with) registered a TM30 for me as they normally do with new guests.  I've got a screenshot of that.   I then tried to edit my profile address to this new one and, though I've been able to log in, I'm unable to edit my info.  I can highlight the old address but can't delete or replace it.  Also, when I search for the registration made by the owner, nothing shows.  Yesterday the owner said they too couldn't search the site.  I want to get this all correct for my retirement extension which is coming up in a couple weeks.

Does anyone know what's going on?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/menu.jsp

You can only check for reports done for the residence you registered on the website.

To change to another address you have to do a new registration and if it has already been registered you will not be able to do it.

7 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I already have a profile and password etc. on the Immigration website (link below) for filing a TM30 (change of address) and have used it successfully before.  Recently I re-located from BKK to Koh Phangan.  The owner where I'm staying (a resort that I've entered into a long-term lease with) registered a TM30 for me as they normally do with new guests.  I've got a screenshot of that.   I then tried to edit my profile address to this new one and, though I've been able to log in, I'm unable to edit my info.  I can highlight the old address but can't delete or replace it.  Also, when I search for the registration made by the owner, nothing shows.  Yesterday the owner said they too couldn't search the site.  I want to get this all correct for my retirement extension which is coming up in a couple weeks.

Does anyone know what's going on?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/menu.jsp

Isn't the profile for the address rather than the individual? I don't think you can edit it because it belongs to the address not you. The new registration won't show up in the previous profile because that's the information for the new address. 

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only check for reports done for the residence you registered on the website.

To change to another address you have to do a new registration and if it has already been registered you will not be able to do it.

Thanks but then how do I update my profile (including address update)?  They have that page for editing it but if it works as you say, given that the owner has done a registration with the new address, it seems I'm effectively locked out.   I can't search and I can't edit my profile.  How can I get back in the system?  UPDATE:  I just checked and I also can't do a fresh registration.  The form appears with my old address pre-filled and I can't edit it.  Nor can I even enter the date from the drop-down, which makes me wonder if the whole thing is dysfunctional at their end.

19 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Isn't the profile for the address rather than the individual? I don't think you can edit it because it belongs to the address not you. The new registration won't show up in the previous profile because that's the information for the new address. 

If you're right and the profile is supposed to be that of the owner, not the tenant, still, bottom line:  when I created the account I got my own username and password and my passport is uploaded; and there's an edit function, so how can it be that I can't edit - and if not me, who would be able to?  The owner couldn't either, because all the system can know is that "username" + "password" is trying to edit.

12 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

If you're right and the profile is supposed to be that of the owner, not the tenant, still, bottom line:  when I created the account I got my own username and password and my passport is uploaded; and there's an edit function, so how can it be that I can't edit - and if not me, who would be able to?  The owner couldn't either, because all the system can know is that "username" + "password" is trying to edit.

Your account, with your own username and password, and uploaded passport, only works for the original address.  Another foreigner wanting to register at your previous address wouldn't be able to do it without knowing your log-in information because your account is the one that is needed to access and record information for that address. The owner of your new address will be able to pull up the record they created for you, which you said you have a screenshot of. You cannot do anything in the TM30 system at your new address unless the owner gives you his log-in details. 
That's how I understand it anyway. 

28 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Your account, with your own username and password, and uploaded passport, only works for the original address.  Another foreigner wanting to register at your previous address wouldn't be able to do it without knowing your log-in information because your account is the one that is needed to access and record information for that address. The owner of your new address will be able to pull up the record they created for you, which you said you have a screenshot of. You cannot do anything in the TM30 system at your new address unless the owner gives you his log-in details. 
That's how I understand it anyway. 

Interesting.  But my old address is a unit in a big condo building.  There must be hundreds of farangs renting there.  Yet my profile, where I registered my old TM30, does not mention my unit number, only the building address.  Then how could all the other tenants/owners in that building register TM30's?  Wouldn't my account and registrations block theirs?

17 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Interesting.  But my old address is a unit in a big condo building.  There must be hundreds of farangs renting there.  Yet my profile, where I registered my old TM30, does not mention my unit number, only the building address.  Then how could all the other tenants/owners in that building register TM30's?  Wouldn't my account and registrations block theirs?

I'd guess others report using their unit number so maybe it didn't show any conflict. I recently moved from a condo where the owner had no interest in dealing with the TM30 herself. I left her the log-in details I'd set up so that if another foreigner rents from her she can do it or give them the information to deal with it themselves. The owner of the new place is very old and knows nothing about computers, online systems etc. but was quite happy to give me copies of their documents to set up the TM30 online using a new email address. 

If you want to permanently change your address, complete and submit a TM28 otherwise you run the risk of still being registered at your old address. TM30 is specific to an address and gives an edit option to the owner to add & delete residents, as a hotel needs to do.

14 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

If you want to permanently change your address, complete and submit a TM28 otherwise you run the risk of still being registered at your old address. TM30 is specific to an address and gives an edit option to the owner to add & delete residents, as a hotel needs to do.

My understanding is that last year they scrapped the TM28  and replaced it with TM27, and the latter only applies in certain rare exceptions that in practice don't affect almost any of us.   Retirees are specifically exempted.   I think that was widely noted on this forum.

7 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

My understanding is that last year they scrapped the TM28  and replaced it with TM27, and the latter only applies in certain rare exceptions that in practice don't affect almost any of us.   Retirees are specifically exempted.   I think that was widely noted on this forum.

The TM27 form is for a change of your registered address that immigration has. It is the same for all types of entries to the country or extension of stay.

I think you are mixing up the TM27 requirements with a TM30 report. A change went into effect for TM30 reports went into effect on June 30th of 2020. For most people a TM30 report is no longer needed unless changing your registered address. TM30 reports done by hotels and such do not change your registered address.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM27 form is for a change of your registered address that immigration has. It is the same for all types of entries to the country or extension of stay.

I think you are mixing up the TM27 requirements with a TM30 report. A change went into effect for TM30 reports went into effect on June 30th of 2020. For most people a TM30 report is no longer needed unless changing your registered address. TM30 reports done by hotels and such do not change your registered address.

I believe the OP has changed the registered address. I'm not sure if a TM27 is required in Bangkok?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I was thinking of TM27 and now I looked at the version of the new Regs you posted this year.   I was focused on s. 2.2 and 2.3 (reporting to police, from which retirees are exempted) not 2.1 which is reporting to Immigration and from which as you say there seem to be no exemptions. So now I have to ask, what should I do given I’ve moved to Koh Phangan from BKK and there’s no Immigration office here (just in Samui) and I’m already well past 24 hours?  I plan to go to Samui Immigration in a few weeks to do my non O-A extension (retirement) so could I just file the TM27 there and then?  Will I be fined for lateness?  Can I do it same day as the extension?

33 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

So now I have to ask, what should I do given I’ve moved to Koh Phangan from BKK and there’s no Immigration office here (just in Samui) and I’m already well past 24 hours?

Ask the resort for a screen shot of the TM30 the did within 24 hours. The should be able to check it in on the website.

34 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I plan to go to Samui Immigration in a few weeks to do my non O-A extension (retirement) so could I just file the TM27 there and then?

Not sure Samui is using the the TM27. They will probably only want a TM30 done to change your address.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ask the resort for a screen shot of the TM30 the did within 24 hours. The should be able to check it in on the website.

Not sure Samui is using the the TM27. They will probably only want a TM30 done to change your address.

Is there a reason they need us to bring a screenshot of the TM30?  I know Chaeng Wattana did too but can’t these offices see the registrations internally on their computer system?  

30 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Is there a reason they need us to bring a screenshot of the TM30?  I know Chaeng Wattana did too but can’t these offices see the registrations internally on their computer system?  

They can check if they want to. But many offices still want to see proof it was done.

I had similar problems despite living at same address for 2 decades, when suddenly required new address for each night away, only sorted after several class by wife and a visit to Immigration, just in time for them to abandon the TM30 nonsense. 

Having lived and worked all over the world there is nowhere with more paperwork, stamps and seemingly meaningless processes, other than creating work for them and inconvenience for us.

However it is what it is. Take it or leave it.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

They can check if they want to. But many offices still want to see proof it was done.

To be prepared I'd like to fill out a formTM27 to take to Samui.   Where can I download it?  Doesn't seem to be on this site (where you linked a lot of forms) and can't find it on the Immigration site.

Thanks.

Archived