Good/Trustworthy MBK Used Phone Seller?

Some years ago I used to deal with some of the used device sellers on (I think) the 4th floor of MBK, but haven't recently. I have an old iphone 6, which can run iOS 12, but can't run iOS 13 or 14, and there are now some apps I'd like to try that require a newer iOS. I don't need the latest iphone (version 12), maybe a v10. Anyone been dealing with any of the sellers on that floor recently who can recommend a decent one? Thx

1 hour ago, scammed said:

lazada is cheaper, you just need to check that the specs on lazada matches

with gsmarena.com so its not a copy

Have you ever bought a used phone off of Lazada? Well, I guess if the seller has sold many and has a high rating it could be safe. But if there were a problem, it would be a hassle to try and resolve.

32 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Have you had good luck with some shops there?

I am sorry I have not had any experience with buying used phones. I did see many shops selling used phones and computers of all types.  Fortune Town is big. If you go I would plan on walking around for at least 30 minutes just looking on 3rd and 4th floor. Sorry I can't be more specific. 

Is there a Bangkok Expats buy and sell group on Facebook?  

Recently got my wife the Samsung A11. Around 4000 baht, I think even now from the Samsung stores themselves.

Massive 6.4" screen, she loves it for her shows and YouTube. Snappy CPU for jumping between web pages and apps. Good cameras.

And they even give you a decent cable and charger, whereas Apple no longer does, haha!

• Thanks 1

Buying second-hand phones is hit-and-miss, not my thing anymore. That said, there are stalls at MBK that have them.

I was over there yesterday, and I'd say at least half by my reckoning of the stalls and venders that used to be on MBK's third floor are gone. Market forces at work, with the covid and slowdown, lack of tourist customers, etc.

If you can bite the bullet and free yourself of iphones, there are a bevy of android phones with impressive specs in the 3000-4500 baht range. Truly amazing what one can get these days.

There is a shop at MBK definitely worth checking out. Named NASA, easily found by entering MBK from the soon-to-close Tokyu. (Tokyu's 4th floor to MBK's 3rd floor, I think is the case.)

Enter MBK from Tokyu's fourth floor, turn right and continue right. Maybe 80-100 meters on NASA occupies a good-sized shop on the right side. Lot of inventory, they are all new phones, low prices, and on the store counter are pages listing the phones they have and prices.

For example, Poco M3, Redmi 9, both under 4000 baht. And some Samsung phones here as well. All with manufacturer warranty. 

Also, at other shops it's good to get some 'hands-on, check it out' experience of a phone you might want to buy. 

But there are still second-hand iphones to be had there. Happy hunting!

P_20210114_172842.jpg

P_20210114_173016.jpg

Edited by rwilem
Spelling
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, rwilem said:

Buying second-hand phones is hit-and-miss, not my thing anymore. That said, there are stalls at MBK that have them.

I was over there yesterday, and I'd say at least half by my reckoning of the stalls and venders that used to be on MBK's third floor are gone. Market forces at work, with the covid and slowdown, lack of tourist customers, etc.

If you can bite the bullet and free yourself of iphones, there are a bevy of android phones with impressive specs in the 3000-4500 baht range. Truly amazing what one can get these days.

There is a shop at MBK definitely worth checking out. Named NASA, easily found by entering MBK from the soon-to-close Tokyu. (Tokyu's 4th floor to MBK's 3rd floor, I think is the case.)

Enter MBK from Tokyu's fourth floor, turn right and continue right. Maybe 80-100 meters on NASA occupies a good-sized shop on the right side. Lot of inventory, they are all new phones, low prices, and on the store counter are pages listing the phones they have and prices.

For example, Poco M3, Redmi 9, both under 4000 baht. And some Samsung phones here as well. All with manufacturer warranty. 

Also, at other shops it's good to get some 'hands-on, check it out' experience of a phone you might want to buy. 

But there are still second-hand iphones to be had there. Happy hunting!

Thanks for that. In the meantime, one friend said he liked his new iPhone SE (basic version), and my sister said she liked her iPhone XR, which she said cost half what the iPhone 12 goes for. So I guess I'm leaning toward something like that. I was a private Apple consultant for over 20 years. I have thought of trying Android, but iPhone works seamlessly with my other stuff, so....