A Week Of R & R In Pattaya

peter991

I am coming back to Thailand in late July. It's been nearly 18 months since I set foot in Pattaya. It's going to be an interesting visit as there will be:

1. Me - 53yo Australia

2. My Thai BF - 23yo - fresh from 3 months in Australia.

3. My Thai 'son' - 30yo friend who works in BKK

4. Friend - 53yo straight Australian work mate

I have booked a room for me and BF at Howards Hotel in Pattaya for one week. After that week we are off to BF's village to catch up with the family.

My Thai 'son' is going to join us for 3 days.

It's my work mate's first time out of Australia. Hoping to show him a bit of Thailand - a week in Pattaya and then - maybe - a few days to a week in Issan.

Any suggestions of places to go / things to see as it's been a while.

Peter

:o Maybe your workmate won't want to do the same things as you and your b/f do? he could be happier with the female of the species :D ? IMHO there isn't a lot to do in Pattaya beside the nightlife, beaches are abysmal and there aren't really any tourist attractions there. Perhaps you should move this to the Pattaya forum? Enjoy your holiday when you get here.

Leisurely

I am surprised you would want to go back to Pattaya at all !

The beach is nothing special and surely you don't want to go around the nightlife !

There are so many 'nice' places to visit, Ayudhya, Sukothai, Chaing Mai, Chiang Rai, Golden Triangle to name a few.

Even Bangkok would make a better place to be a tourist.

I would stay as much as possible in or around your BF's home where you have your own second home.

Spend your hotel/restaurant/bar money in a rent a car to drive around the countryside quite easily done driving from Bangkok airport saving on the airfares also.

Jai Dee: I am more interested in getting a response from member of the Gay community.

I like Pattaya's nightlife. My workmate - being straight - will have different interests from me - he will be happy checking out some of the beer bars and lady shows.

Because it's only for a few days, I was hoping to get some sort of itinerary. I know there's fishing trips, and various family attractions.

I also know there's a lot of Pattaya-knockers out there. So - to those with a bit of time on their hands and some up to date local knowledge, here's your mission: Work out a 5 day non-bar related Pattaya holiday - for 2 gay guys (53yo and 22yo) and 1 straight guy (53yo).

Peter

Jai Dee: I am more interested in getting a response from member of the Gay community.

I like Pattaya's nightlife. My workmate - being straight - will have different interests from me - he will be happy checking out some of the beer bars and lady shows.

Because it's only for a few days, I was hoping to get some sort of itinerary. I know there's fishing trips, and various family attractions.

I also know there's a lot of Pattaya-knockers out there. So - to those with a bit of time on their hands and some up to date local knowledge, here's your mission: Work out a 5 day non-bar related Pattaya holiday - for 2 gay guys (53yo and 22yo) and 1 straight guy (53yo).

Peter

Hi Peter,

Pattaya Bashers abound eh:) I don't have the time to do you an itinerary BUT....

Gay or straight, The Tiffany show is worth a look for all your party (transexuals that literally are stunning & a few nice boys in the show too. the Choreography, costumes, lights, Comedy etc etc are all there (Three shows daily). When ya finish there pop literally acroos the road to Easy Riders, a rock bar, predominantly straight but the audience are from both sides of the divide if ya get my meaning. Ask for Judi and tell here Steve Martyn sent you, she'll give your party a warm welcome. While you are in Pattaya be sure to visit the queens national gardens, absolutely beautiful and not far from Pattaya, about 15Km if memory serves. On the gay side, Boyztown is the most popular. There's a scaled down version of the Tiffany show at Go-go bar opposite SPLASH & THROB nightly at Midnigfht, quite good. The show in SPLASH/THROB (Same bar, two entrances) is two part - starts with boys swimming around a huge fish tank and is followed by a cabaret of sorts. This used to be quite bad but a new choreographer and new staff have improved it dramatically. Most of the bars along here offer the usual visual candy and ever increasingly "friendly staff" but if you make it clear that your with your bf OR indeed straight (as for your friend) they are quite courteous and don't push the envelope.

There are several local bits to see, market on Sumkuvit road just near Jomtien is a must if your lookig to buy clothes or just soak up the market atmosphere and then there's "BIG C Shopping centre for a little more expense but BIG C, for allthe local talk, is nothing particularly special for us non-Thai's. Pattaya is a wonderful place and, in my experience if you respect the Thai's, they respect you.

Also, make sure youget yourself along to EXCITE on 3rd road. Stunning Live show with live singers and a big sound, lighting, comedy, dancers (insanely cute guys & girls). Like a huge nightclub only with great live show.

In all places there are bashers and this forum is no exception but to each there own. Opinions are like <deleted>, everyone has one and some feel honour bound to share.

Enjoy Pattaya Peter :o

I am emmigrating there December 28th having visited several times and my boyfriend and I love it.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve Ireland

Peter

Hi Peter,

Pattaya Bashers abound eh:) I don't have the time to do you an itinerary BUT....

Gay or straight, The Tiffany show is worth a look for all your party (transexuals that literally are stunning & a few nice boys in the show too. the Choreography, costumes, lights, Comedy etc etc are all there (Three shows daily). When ya finish there pop literally acroos the road to Easy Riders, a rock bar, predominantly straight but the audience are from both sides of the divide if ya get my meaning. Ask for Judi and tell here Steve Martyn sent you, she'll give your party a warm welcome. While you are in Pattaya be sure to visit the queens national gardens, absolutely beautiful and not far from Pattaya, about 15Km if memory serves. On the gay side, Boyztown is the most popular. There's a scaled down version of the Tiffany show at Go-go bar opposite SPLASH & THROB nightly at Midnigfht, quite good. The show in SPLASH/THROB (Same bar, two entrances) is two part - starts with boys swimming around a huge fish tank and is followed by a cabaret of sorts. This used to be quite bad but a new choreographer and new staff have improved it dramatically. Most of the bars along here offer the usual visual candy and ever increasingly "friendly staff" but if you make it clear that your with your bf OR indeed straight (as for your friend) they are quite courteous and don't push the envelope.

There are several local bits to see, market on Sumkuvit road just near Jomtien is a must if your lookig to buy clothes or just soak up the market atmosphere and then there's "BIG C Shopping centre for a little more expense but BIG C, for allthe local talk, is nothing particularly special for us non-Thai's. Pattaya is a wonderful place and, in my experience if you respect the Thai's, they respect you.

Also, make sure youget yourself along to EXCITE on 3rd road. Stunning Live show with live singers and a big sound, lighting, comedy, dancers (insanely cute guys & girls). Like a huge nightclub only with great live show.

In all places there are bashers and this forum is no exception but to each there own. Opinions are like <deleted>, everyone has one and some feel honour bound to share.

I am emmigrating there December 28th having visited several times and my boyfriend and I love it.

Cheers,

Steve

Peter

Hi Peter,

Cheers,

Steve

I agree with Steve, I find Pattaya a very happy good fun to visit, my favourite boys club is Swadee Boys on Soi 3 Pattayaland, has a great show every evening at 11.45pm.

I am also retiring to Pattaya this December.

Have a great trip.

Regards

JOHN

Peter

an afternoon at Dongtan Beach ..... including manicure etc .....

a movie <sadly I don't think Pattaya has Gold Class seating yet>

Khao Kiow Open Zoo .... (motorway access from the SriRacha area) <charter a minibus etc> entrance fee is 50 baht I think ... they do a night safari in Thai ... interesting and a nice break from the bars one night ... fee 100 baht

any Thai disco .... buy a bottle and your friend can bring a date and fit in :o

shopping ..... <can be accomplished whilst sitting on chairs at Dongtan Beach>

real massage ... or the other kind .....

playing 'spot the ladyboy ......'

the list of possibilities is endless :D