Constant 403 Errors

stubuzz

2 hours ago, topt said:

I use Brave and Firefox but Firefox is set up even tighter than Brave.

Can now read posts with Brave but not post, reply or read notifications - same with Firefox. 

However, with brave, if you switch off Shields (which allows trackers and ads) it works normally. 

No way will I continue to post on Thai Visa if that is what is needed. Not just because of the obscene amount of ads that have appeared but having to allow 3rd party trackers. 

I use Brave and a VPN connected to the UK. No access yesterday, some access today but unable to post or react to posts. Reverted to Google Chrome and can post but still getting error messages with every other attempt to load a page. Changed VPN to Australia and now no problems, other than interminable pop ups. Reason I changed to Brave in the first place. Now need to remember to change VPN to UK before watching UK TV, which I do more often than logging on to TV.

PIA which I'm not willing to put up with. Thanks TV for returning me to lurker status. Bye.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Still occurring as of now, has to be a server issue or as said elsewhere in here the censors are up and running looking for any reason...lol

Server issue wouldn't stop you logging on via Brave but not Google. It's deliberate attempt to stop people using Ad blockers which most of us wouldn't do were it not for pop ups.

• Like 1

My VPN is from Windscibe, I'm connected to London, with VPN on I cannot connect to TVF, if I switch my VPN off I can connect no problem, I have tried to connect to Perth, same result, VPN on, no go. Any ideas anyone ?

Have they tweaked the programme to block VPN's ??

20 hours ago, topt said:

Same here. Now using a vpn and still getting it but refreshing the page eventually seems to bring it up. 

For me it went down about 12:30 pm on Monday 11 January. I was using Opera and Windows with a VPN, with or without the VPN, it made no difference. The same result with Google Chrome.

I suspect that the techies have been "upgrading" the site without telling anybody.

As a retired engineer I can quote the essential maxim.

If it works, then don't screw around with the intent of "improving" it. There is another less polite way of saying it, but they both mean the same thing.

If you absolutely HAVE to do it, then put a notice up, giving at least 2 days advance warning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

My guess is that they are looking for ways to counter ad blocking.

could be, i would not use it if the ads were not too invasive. Unfortunately they made the forum so slow and unworkable. I don't mind looking at adds but not if its too much. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

CloudFront - It's another thing from Jeff Bezos, so not surprising it doesn't work. Venturing out into every industry isn't panning out so well.

I don't think it was CloudFront as the only site I have this problem is with TVF.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Have you not considered that like most of us they were unable to access the forum.

Its been reported and is being worked on.

The problem is that whatever they have tried to obviously hasn't worked properly. I assume that it was not properly tested before it was installed.

If they were unable to access the forum then there was a serious problem with the task they undertook.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

could be, i would not use it if the ads were not too invasive. Unfortunately they made the forum so slow and unworkable. I don't mind looking at adds but not if its too much. 

Indeed, without ad blocker the screens look totally messy. Also they, I mean TV's advertising customers, should see that too many adds crammed into one screen are neutralising each other. And as a forum member I'd rather leave than use it within add blocker.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I find it very funny that no one from support have answered in over 6 hours and have any kind of explanation for this happening. Rather useless to have this section in the forum.

Cos there end don't work either......????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Nothing quick about it, It worked for me after 7 hours of no access, due to my own ability to find a work around which was then passed on to others.

There should have been no need for you to find a work around.

I assume that if you found a workaround you would have passed it around on the forum, which very few people could access and would therefore not have been able to read it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

it was already a pain to try to find the forum among the adds, now since few days another

level to close with an intrusive page coming when you change from a topic to another.

You have to forgive the new owners. I think they have no other choice, as they got raped.......or is it ripped

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think it was CloudFront as the only site I have this problem is with TVF.

And how many of those others sites you speak of use the Invision platform ? Sometimes 3rd parties have to deal with issues and handle things not the end user who can only request assistance when an error appears and join the queue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Cos there end don't work either......????

Alittle bit to late with your comment, right ????

Anyway, as you can see, there were many members that managed to write here during the problem. Just maybe it would be possible to believe that a technician would be able to make it work too. ????

But I know, technichian is just a title in this country. Have absolutely not anything to do with knowledge.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Alittle bit to late with your comment, right ????

Anyway, as you can see, there were many members that managed to write here during the problem. Just maybe it would be possible to believe that a technician would be able to make it work too. ????

But I know, technichian is just a title in this country. Have absolutely not anything to do with knowledge.

You are assuming the back room boys are Thai, or that TVF hardware is actually in LOS.

If folk are pointing to VPN fixing the prob, then that is not a perfect fix is it, cos many of us don't use a VPN, a site fault is exactly that, a prob to be fixed, and it has...????