Sunlight, disinfectant can kill Covid-19 even in winter

webfact

Sunlight, disinfectant can kill Covid-19 even in winter

By THE NATION

800_f8c53340a928b13.jpg?v=1610525449

The Department of Disease Control (DDC) said on Wednesday that the cool temperature is not making the Covid-19 virus more transmissible, adding that disinfectants can still kill the virus.

Since it has been quite cool in Thailand recently, people have been worried that low temperatures can extend the lifetime of the virus.

DDC’s Dr Taweesap Siraprapasiri said that though the virus can live on surfaces for a longer time in low temperatures, it can die fast if wiped clean with disinfectant or under sunlight.

Taweesap, however, said people should take extra care to stay away from crowded places and maintain a distance from people they don’t know.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401179

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-13

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Looks, like the government is trying to play down the second wave.

As everywhere in the world, they should show, how many tests they are doing every day.

The how many and where tested daily figures nationwide havent been readily available from the virus onset.

I would imagine they might  highlight a flaw or two in the Thailand is miraculously virtually Covid free fantasy.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

DDC’s Dr Taweesap Siraprapasiri said that though the virus can live on surfaces for a longer time in low temperatures, it can die fast if wiped clean with disinfectant or under sunlight.

Very good ides Doc.

Now tell me how to find the Virus first.

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

There are thousands of road blockades, with tents, medics - they should do on spot tests.

That alone is to me enough evidence that they are well aware that there are many more infections than what they announce

14 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Disinfectant can still kill the virus!! Think you'll find disinfectant will kill nearly any living organism if given enough exposure to it. I cannot believe they have to make statements of the obvious.

They make these statement because not everyone is a smart as you,  any more gems you would like to pass on?