First 90-day report -- requirements?

Seasoned members, I have my first 90-day report coming up. I know this has to be done in-person, but I don't know whether this is currently at CW or MTT (for Bangkok).

Apart from passport, what else do I need to take with me? As I'm on a Non-O retirement, do I also need to take a bank statement so show the 800k is untouched? Grateful for any tips, tricks and traps.

J

No about the bankbook. Not required

You will attend MTT.

First 90 report can also be done via mail but not online.

Photocopy of pages from your pp. Identity page etc. Have pp size photo. There is photocopy stall that you can tell them 90 day report and can sort it. Minimal cost.

If you have lease or TM30 have copy to provide. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You will attend MTT.

Photocopy of pages from your pp. Identity page etc. Have pp size photo. There is photocopy stall that you can tell them 90 day report and can sort it. Minimal cost.

Perfect. Concise. Thanks!

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You will attend MTT.

So when do they check the 800k is untouched?

4 hours ago, Jackson B said:

So when do they check the 800k is untouched?

They will check that the 800k remained in bank for 3 month post your extension when you apply for your next extension.

Only couple of offices require you to present your bankbook 3 months post. Jomtien being one.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Photocopy of pages from your pp. Identity page etc. Have pp size photo. There is photocopy stall that you can tell them 90 day report and can sort it

I have never heard of all that being needed.

Just a completed TM47 form and your passport is needed.

Since he has already applied for an extension in Bangkok there is no reason he would need a TM30 report or other proof of residence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

Would that then open up doing the next online or do you have to do one in person before you can use the online option?

Provided you've visited your local Immigration office and they've collected your details and created a file, such as when applying for an extension, you should be able to submit 90 day reports online.

However if you left and re-entered the Country your 90 day report is now out of sync with their computer.

I used to file a new TM30 (no longer required) and they'd always reset my report date and give me a new notice at the same visit.

Now, on re-entry, you may find you need to make that 1st 90 day report in person, so your local office can manually reset your report date.

All of the above depends on Immigration inputting your details correctly in the first instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can also use a "visa service" if you don't want to do it yourself as 90 days do not have to be done in person. I used one a couple of years ago for 400 baht. For me personally (I know others will not agree) it was worth it not to go through the travel and hassle of CW from my area of Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd make an appointment at MTT for a date close to your report date.

When I went to MTT recently I simply handed over my passport (with TM6) and the TM47, and previous Next Report Date document, stamp-stamp, done. With an appointment it took ~ 90 seconds.

In the meantime you can try to report on-line. Have seen reports of people successfully filing on-line for their first report, both here and on FB.

If you can't file on-line just use the appointment.

Or if you can file by post. For MTT (mailed to CW though) I think it has to be mailed 15-14 days before the report date, but down to 7 days they may accept it and then let you know that next time you need to mail it earlier.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

You will attend MTT.

Just wanted to update and share my actual experience with the 90-day report...

1. The MTT location was not too inconvenient as I drove. Parked right outside the front door.

2. I turned up at 3.20pm (no appointment), and there was no queue. I filled in a TM 47 and had to wait 4-5 minutes.

3. The surly IO wanted nothing else except my passport and TM47. No photo, no photocopies, no lease, nothing. I was a little surprised. She didn't even photograph me, just typed something into her machine. The whole thing took less than 2 minutes. She gave me an instruction sheet how to register the 90-day report online.

4. Drove home via the MTT village, had some decent food and found a cheap pet food shop.

5. Let's see how the online reporting goes next time!

Cheers, J.

Edited by Jackson B
Add detail
  • Like 1