Opening a branch in Thailand or Vietnam ?

18 minutes ago, Genix said:

Hello,

I own a digital marketing company (registered in the US) and I frequent Thailand very often. 

I'm looking to open up a branch either in Bangkok or Vietnam simply to hire good work-force in the office which they'd work for the primary US company.

We're defo looking for creative people who understand the western market.

1) Ultimately, which would be better? We don't want to do a 50% partnership with a local as this is an office branch

2) And would we have to pay tax on the profits? Or only workforce tax/salaries/office expenses etc?

3) Are there big obstacles, expensive registration fees & etc? I know for Thailand registering a company can be quite a headache.

4) How do salaries compare?

Just in the resaerch phase atm, still lots of research to do (obviously).

Hi

your interlocutor in Thailand for your project is the BOI

https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=index

they should be able to answer to all of your questions

Personaly i don't think Thailand is the best place for what you are asking for

but you write you ''frequent'' Thailand very often, so you probably know it already

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want industrious people, look to Ho Chi Minh City.

But you said you want people creative people who "understand the Western market."

You won't be finding anyone like that unless you pay close to Western market rates as highly skilled & travelled people generally will work for multinationals.  Even then, you'd have better luck in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan.

I run a digital marketing agency in Bangkok and have been doing so for the last several years. It's a real challenge finding good staff and then retaining them. They all have to be trained also, and works have to be closely monitored for quality control.

If you are based here it's another story, but trying to do it remotely would be difficult. A number of my staff have master degrees and even then their English is not strong enough to create viable English marketing materials without proof reading/editing first. You have to remember Thailand has some of the worst English skills in all of Asia. Salaries have also increased quite a bit over the years.

I think it would be more cost effective to build a remote team on a freelancer platform, that way you don't have to form another company, you don't have high overheads (office, accounting, power), also as they would be contractors you don't have to worry about labor laws, so underperformers can be let go easily. If you wanted to live here, serve Thai clients, could be alright, but due to you having US clients, there is literately no benefit to forming a company and hiring people in Thailand in my opinion.

Anyway there you go, good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 2