Covid Negative Test Within 72 Hours Help

blackcab

I am helping a friend gain entry to Thailand. The process is nearing completion, and I have a question. The CoE website states that the traveller must show a:

Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling

If the traveller's flight departs at 9am on the 5th of February 2021, is the requirement that the COVID negative test be conducted between 9am on the 2nd of February to 9am on the 5th February?

Just checking, as I would not like to make a mistake at the final hurdle so to speak!

So many different and mainly incorrect posts. The requirement is as follows.

A negative Covid 19 test with the RESULT being within 72 hours of your first international departure to Thailand. The test must be via the RT - PCR method.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jimn said:

A negative Covid 19 test with the RESULT being within 72 hours of your first international departure to Thailand. The test must be via the RT - PCR method.

Even this is not correct. What time is RESULT? When you are swabbed? Much later when the machine shows the result, when a paper result is signed, or when you pick it up?  So I looked at the Australian Embassy.

You must be tested 72 hours or less prior to departure and present a negative result when checking in prior to boarding your flight.

So, the 72 hours starts when you are tested, usually swabbed until checking in.  Might be good to copy what your local embassy says and take it with you.     https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/

• Thanks 1

As per my COVID test results, the following dates and times are shown:

Requested: 12/01/2021

Collected: 14/01/2021

Reported: 14/01/2021 17:52

There is no time given when the specimen was collected, so the airline will have to use the reported time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jimn said:

I have just finished quarantine.my test was scheduled 96 hrs before flight with results coming 72 hrs before or later.They called me 1 day before and said they had to change my appointment time so the TEST was within the 72 the window,not just the result.

I wasn't very happy and had a row with the lady that they left it until the last minute to tell me when I had the appointment booked for 2 months.

It meant I had to drive 100 miles further to their other clinic instead

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 1:39 AM, onebir said:

Even this could be tricky for a flight the day after a long weekend!

My flight was on a sunday ,got my covid test 3 pm on the friday had results back 6 pm Same day,cost £175,just pay extra for same day results,no problem then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rabas said:

So, the 72 hours starts when you are tested, usually swabbed until checking in.  Might be good to copy what your local embassy says and take it with you.     https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/

Would probably be better to go with a Thai source as it's their rules, not an Australian one, but even the site you link to says (several times) on this page that it's from when the result certificate is issued.  Not from when the test is taken.

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/category/thai-visa-covid-19/

image.png.fc8cfafcd0577e542b4a42a54d84a924.png

On 1/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

Could someone please reassure me that the negative Covid test and fit to fly cert are obtained after the CoE is issued and not part of the same process. Thanks

The covid-19 test REPORT and fit to fly CERTIFICATE are two separate required documents. They have absolutely nothing to do with the visa and COE process.

You arrange them yourself,  to be within 72 hours of scheduled departure time of your first international leg on your flight to Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 4:42 PM, rabas said:

Even this is not correct. What time is RESULT? When you are swabbed? Much later when the machine shows the result, when a paper result is signed, or when you pick it up?  So I looked at the Australian Embassy.

You must be tested 72 hours or less prior to departure and present a negative result when checking in prior to boarding your flight.

Of course it is correct. When you get sent your covid lab report it states a test time and a result time. This is the date/time recognised by the airlines and the Thai authorities. It id stated on the UK embassy page and also confirmed by e mail.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:56 AM, gungadin1 said:

I have just finished quarantine.my test was scheduled 96 hrs before flight with results coming 72 hrs before or later.They called me 1 day before and said they had to change my appointment time so the TEST was within the 72 the window,not just the result.

I wasn't very happy and had a row with the lady that they left it until the last minute to tell me when I had the appointment booked for 2 months.

It meant I had to drive 100 miles further to their other clinic instead

Just goes to show how uninformed the clinics are as well.

• Like 1