Finance For Farangs With Permanent Residence?

CDB

I had a quick search through the forums and didn't see an answer to what I suppose is an obvious question:

Can farangs with permanent residence get finance packages over 4-5 years on buying a new vehicle? Or how about asking one of the Thai banks for a loan if you have banked for many years with them and have a good credit history?

I suppose I am guessing that the answer is yes. If so, are there good deals going around now for buying typical Japanese cars on finance?

* I sometimes see some low advertised rates, but is that on an amortizing or non amortizing basis?

* Will I get a better deal from a bank by, for example, letting them hold a condo title deed (and assuming MRR will come down)?

As you can see I am a compete newbie to this...

And what'll car insurance cost for the typical Japanese cars?

Thanks....

I financed my car with Daimler Chrysler leasing and it was a piece of cake - 20% down and no guarantor, pay back over 3 years. Its a typical HP type agreement where the repayment is shown as being artificially low - as they take no account of how much capital you have repaid - so for example the calculation would go something like this:

Borrow 1,000,000

Interest rate 10% = 100,000b interest

X4 years = 400,000 interest

total repayment = 1,400,000

divided by 48 months = 29,166 month

So when you often see the interest rate as being 3-4%, you can see that it works on the same principal as above (where i used 10% because lazy to get a calculator out) so the real interest cost is about double that once you take into account that capital repayment.

However DC leasing are not keen anymore on doing any finance other than for Mercedes - they bend over backwards to get people approved for their own brand, but shy away from other brands unless you have a proven history with them.