Wp/visa/re-entry Questions

I got a job in a school here in BKK and classes start in 14 may, that day I will go to the school to sign the contract and get the paperwork I need...my questions are:

1) If I came here in a visa exemption (90 days) and I still have more than 21 days left in my visa, can I change my visa and obtain my WP here in inmigration in BKK?

2) If I can't, do I need a re-entry permit to go out and in again, or if I have visa exemption and still some days left on it I don't need it and I can come in again without problems?

3) When I change my visa it is the same than reporting for my 'more than 90 days in Thailand' or I have to report my stay anyway?

Thank you very much...

Leon

I got a job in a school here in BKK and classes start in 14 may, that day I will go to the school to sign the contract and get the paperwork I need...my questions are:

1) If I came here in a visa exemption (90 days) and I still have more than 21 days left in my visa, can I change my visa and obtain my WP here in inmigration in BKK?

2) If I can't, do I need a re-entry permit to go out and in again, or if I have visa exemption and still some days left on it I don't need it and I can come in again without problems?

3) When I change my visa it is the same than reporting for my 'more than 90 days in Thailand' or I have to report my stay anyway?

Thank you very much...

Leon

You are going to need a police clearance from the Special Branch of the Royal Thai Police at Headquarters first.

I think you're not getting answers because the post is confusing, with conflicting info in it. With better info some of the acknowledged experts might be able to give you better, more specific advice.

For #1 You say you are here on a visa exemption, but you have days left on your visa. ??? You are probably on a visa, so what kind is it?

You do not get work permits at immigration. You get them at the Labor Office. More info needed.

For #2 Depends on what you actually have. You need to have a multple entry visa, or you will need a

re-entry permit.

For #3 It is my understanding that a first extension of a visa is considered a 'report' for the 90 day requirement. After that it's a seperate procerdure. If you leave the country the time starts anew once you re-enter Thailand.

Tomorrow morning have your new school try to get answers for you.

Good luck.

Edited by TerryLH