ON THE TILES Indoor floor tiling, wastage and labor costs?

RubbaJohnny

On 1/27/2021 at 9:59 AM, UbonEagle said:

Yep as many have said, select your own tiles and buy, or let them know the exact ones you want.

Tiles are cheap anyway, even for premium product, and in my experience the tradies generally do excellent work.

Their 1 archilles heal is often running levels for wet areas, bathrooms generally ok (usually excessive slope) but for outdoor work they usually don't give a 2nd thought to getting the water away, i guess they just think no matter it will dry up soo enough haha.

i had the whole area outside my house tiled 80+ metres with 300 x 300 non porcelain tiles , the guy i used put falls everywhere, when it rains there are no puddles, not even a small amount, he charged by the metre, and was here over a week, cost was what i could earn in a good day tiling in the UK, the method of tiling in Thailand is different, using a  thick bed.

I had some 600 x 600 porcelain tiles come loose in a rent house, i got the old ones up without damage, the tiles had warped so would not go back down. I then ground out about 5mm of the old bed with a grinding disc ( Abrasives World Diamond Grinding Discs Turbo Segmented - Stone & Masonry Grinding - UK) and stuck down new ones with a porcelain suitable thin bed adhesive,