100 Baht Per Year Charge For Atm Card?

hi,my girlfreind (not thai) has a bank account with one of the big thai banks,

& she had become slightly concerned,after a phone all from her sister,that her bank is charging her 100 baht every month because there are no deposits going into her account since she stopped working.

we went into a branch & the lady told her in thai (as her english wasnt so good) that the charges are 100 baht charge per year for the use of the atm card,& this added up with the dates,& i thought fair enough.

i have kept telling her to take her money out of there & forget about it,but any experience with this?

thanks

I got a KTB ATM card 3 years ago, and they offered 2 cards. The base card was 100THB/year; the premium card was more than that, and allowed larger withdrawals. I didn't need that feature, and got a base card. Strangely, although they paperwork mentions a 100THB/year charge, they have yet to charge me. Hmmm.

bangkok bank charge 100b/year for their atm card.

they also charge to close an account , open an account , transfer to a different province , withdraw from a different province , draw a cashiers cheque , etc.etc.etc.

the banks here are a law unto themselves.

bangkok bank charge 100b/year for their atm card.

they also charge to close an account , open an account , transfer to a different province , withdraw from a different province , draw a cashiers cheque , etc.etc.etc.

the banks here are a law unto themselves.

:o About 3 months ago the company I worked for underpaid me (their mistake). They were sending my pay to my U.S. bank by direct deposit. To make up for what they mistakenly underpaid me, they made a wire transfer from their bank to my bank of about $800.

MY bank charged ME a wire transfer fee of $10 to deposit the money into my account.

Never heard of that before.

:D

i have kept telling her to take her money out of there & forget about it,but any experience with this?

Don't close the account, it could be useful in the future (you never know).

When i applied for my visa i needed a bank account, and lucky i had not closed my student bank account for years before, as re-apply for a new account would have been more difficult (seem to require work-permits etc now).

Bangkok Bank charges my account an yearly ATM fee of 150 baht.

Card replacement if lost is 100 baht.

There were no expenses for opening the account, except an ATM activation fee of 300 baht , inclusive of the 100 baht for issuing the card itself.

I confirm if you draw a cashier cheque you have to pay a small fee.