Japanese restaurant burglar arrested

rooster59

Japanese restaurant burglar arrested

By The Phuket News

1611379096_1-org.jpg

Somwang Phonpradit, 23, confessed to three other break-and-enters, to get money as he was unemployed, said police. Photo: Phuket City Police

PHUKET: Police have arrested a 23-year-old man who broke into a Japanese restaurant in Phuket Town Wednesday night (Jan 20) and stole B7,500.

Phuket Native Somwang Phonpradit, 23, was arrested at a house in Rassada yesterday (Jan 22), confirmed Phuket City Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Sathit Noorit.

Somwang confessed to breaking into the Hatori restaurant on Yaowarat Rd and forcing open a desk drawer to steal B7,500 cash, before fleeing the scene on his motorbike, Lt Col Sathit said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/japanese-restaurant-burglar-arrested-78760.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-24

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Police have arrested a 23-year-old man who broke into a Japanese restaurant in Phuket Town Wednesday night (Jan 20) and stole B7,500.

(from the link above)

"During questioning, Somwang told police that he had committed three other break-and-enters for money because he was unemployed, Lt Col Sathit noted."

He appears to have a yen for this sort of thing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I had a long hard think before posting this, afterall I don't really want to be labelled as paranoid or a nutjob, which I can assure you I'm not, on both counts.

But, this guy admits to breaking & entering a number of places, the reason, no job, no money, (no honey) and no food.

Now as we know Western retirees are generally seen as living the high life and have the magic money tree so are never short of cash, have many baht of gold, all just waiting to be half inched by your local scroat, so unless you live in an expensive high rise with cameras and switched on security or a mooban with the same how safe do you feel ?

Plenty on here live in what are usually quiet safe soi's, with COVID-19 we now have far more unemployed skint locals, some are dependent on drugs & Lao Khoa (spl) they now can't get / afford their daily fix and so turn to crime, I can see this as becoming a major problem especially in urban areas, maybe not so much for you country dwellers, but still not a good scenario.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had a long hard think before posting this, afterall I don't really want to be labelled as paranoid or a nutjob, which I can assure you I'm not, on both counts.

But, this guy admits to breaking & entering a number of places, the reason, no job, no money, (no honey) and no food.

Now as we know Western retirees are generally seen as living the high life and have the magic money tree so are never short of cash, have many baht of gold, all just waiting to be half inched by your local scroat, so unless you live in an expensive high rise with cameras and switched on security or a mooban with the same how safe do you feel ?

Plenty on here live in what are usually quiet safe soi's, with COVID-19 we now have far more unemployed skint locals, some are dependent on drugs & Lao Khoa (spl) they now can't get / afford their daily fix and so turn to crime, I can see this as becoming a major problem especially in urban areas, maybe not so much for you country dwellers, but still not a good scenario.

To be honest I was concerned about this 6 months ago, but to be fair we have not seen a rise in crime in Phuket lately, so thankfully not may people think like this guy..., no money so go and steal ...!!! ????

• Like 1