Sukhumvitt-suvarnaphum

I just flew back to the US using the new airort and was a little concerned about getting there in the morning. I looked into hotels near the airport but in the end decided to spend my last night in town and have some fun instead of in the middle of nowhere.

I left Suk soi 10 at 6:15 via taxi. took the motorway which was a breeze, and was at the terminal by 6:40. So it was a non-issue. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is wondering?

i've had good luck getting there quickly too.

i go to the airport almost every week, often at rush hour. never missed a flight! the only traffic trouble for me is on sathorn or around rama IV.

once you are on the tollways, and as long as your taxi driver is the standard thai speed demon, you get there quite quick.

Spot on. Which is precisely why I recommend that people don't stay at these hotels that say they're close by the airport but are 20 minutes away - the same time as it takes you to get to Sukhumvit if you're arriving late night and leaving early morning. If your arrival/departure is during rush hour, then maybe, but during the off hours I'd take going into town anyday and getting the hotel of my choice over a selection of only one or two hotels out in the middle of nowhere.

• 4 weeks later...