Where to buy elastic fitted bed sheets (non-iron)?

Sambora

Hello,

As the title says... where can I find good quality jersey fitted bed sheets which do not need ironing? I used to buy them in Germany for ~50 Euro/piece, they're easy to handle as they don't need ironing. Any idea where I can get them in Bangkok, either in-store or online? 

Thanks!

Edited by Sambora

There are people who iron their bed sheets? I guess I don't have enough free time to get such ideas.

You just use any random bed sheet, and a few hours after putting it on wrinkles are gone, doesn't need to be any special kind.

Check the department stores like Robinson, sometimes they have sales which put the bed sheets in reasonable price regions, still expensive compared to Europe though.

• Like 1

Make very sure you get correct size - Thailand does not have same size standard as Europe or USA but they sell beds of all types.  Don't just go by Queen or King without measuring and checking sheet is designed for the size you measure.  Have found HomePro to be reasonable (for Thailand - always high priced for sheets).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Make very sure you get correct size - Thailand does not have same size standard as Europe or USA but they sell beds of all types.  Don't just go by Queen or King without measuring and checking sheet is designed for the size you measure.  Have found HomePro to be reasonable (for Thailand - always high priced for sheets).  

Maybe it exists somewhere, but so far in my years in Thailand I think I've never come across a bed, mattress, or bed sheets which use the European metric system. I've always only seen the Twin (3.5ft), Queen (5ft), King (6tf) system being used in Thailand.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Maybe it exists somewhere, but so far in my years in Thailand I think I've never come across a bed, mattress, or bed sheets which use the European metric system. I've always only seen the Twin (3.5ft), Queen (5ft), King (6tf) system being used in Thailand.

Depends where and what you buy.  Length is likely to be shorter than elsewhere even using Q/K type size label.  Scroll down on this link for official Thai size - but that can vary to other standards so you need to measure and be sure what you buy lists by measurements.

https://the-pillow.com.au/resources/bed-sizes

On 1/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

When I hear that us foreigners are told ‘farang think too mut’....  I now get it !!!  :neus:

Some serious over thought on bed-sheets of all things !!!...  Yep, we definitely think too much !! 

I agree.

Next question... where can I buy small chocolate mints to place on my bed pillows?

• Haha 1

Fitted sheets aren't a problem here.  Now, if you really want to worry about something, you should contemplate flat sheets.  Next to impossible to find good quality ones.  And what's the deal with bolster pillow covers? 

King sets here are sold as a duvet cover, two pillow cases, a fitted sheet and two totally worthless bolster pillow covers.  Who actually has bolster pillows? And what are you suppose to use for a flat sheet?  Do Thai people sleep with a duvet year-round? 

34 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Fitted sheets aren't a problem here.  Now, if you really want to worry about something, you should contemplate flat sheets.  Next to impossible to find good quality ones.  And what's the deal with bolster pillow covers? 

King sets here are sold as a duvet cover, two pillow cases, a fitted sheet and two totally worthless bolster pillow covers.  Who actually has bolster pillows? And what are you suppose to use for a flat sheet?  Do Thai people sleep with a duvet year-round? 

Covering is only required during cold season if you normally keep a reasonable AC temp (28 or so).  When required a light bed covering or blanket is garbed.  Never do I want to return to toes trapped in a sheet.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Is it as cool and smooth as cotton?

We like them cool durable , easy to wash and dries very quickly. Best just to buy one and check , this was our third attempt at getting something decent .

Now I have that photo on my phone and I check all the details on the package to make sure I get the right one.

Edited by NE1