Advise On Retirement Visa

campbell

Hi, I'm looking for input on how my 85-year-old mother can best go about applying for a retirement visa. Can you please tell me under which topic I should place my post. Many thanks.

I don't know where you are located in Thailand, but if you have access to one of the Immigration Bureaus I would suggest that you contact them, as we have personally found them to be extremely helpful. We live in Hua-Hin and are fortunate to have such an office located here.

We recently applied for our retirement visas and they were exceedingly helpful and obtained our visas from them with great courtesy and freindliness.

Not enough information about your mother. Where is she now? What is her current visa status if any? Is she wholly dependent on you? What is your visa status, if any?

If she is in good health and has the requisite financial resources, what is stopping her from applying like any other retiree?

Check the vast abundance of threads on this subject using the Thaivisa research section for volumes of information on retirement extensions.