BKK foreign arrival - need Covid test at the airport?

Hi, question for those who passed through arrival procedure: my girlfriend is arriving on STV visa and she will do Covid test 72h before the flight... but wondering if there's another test on arrival @ BKK airport (or just go straight to ASQ after docs check and stamp)? Thanks!

Unless changed during her stay she will need 2 Covid tests during her stay in quarantine.

One within 24 hours of arrival & another after 10 days , Possible that they may want another after 14 days.They do not test at the airport but once arrived at your hotel 

On 1/28/2021 at 1:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

Normally a test is done after arriving at the ASQ hotel. They do not do one at the airport.

No not normally after arriving. There are a small number that do this. Most carry out the first test on day 5 and the second on day 12. The ones that carry out a test on arrival make you pay extra for it, the ones on day 5 and 12 are included in the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

No not normally after arriving. There are a small number that do this. Most carry out the first test on day 5 and the second on day 12. The ones that carry out a test on arrival make you pay extra for it, the ones on day 5 and 12 are included in the price.

Her hotel will do first test on 3rd day and second test on 14th day, she was just wondering is there a test at the airport on BKK arrival (like they do in HKG and SIN) but now it's clear they don't do it at BKK, thanks guys!

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Not correct not extra for it where i am, I would say some might some dont, my test schedule did one on arrival at hotel day zero, did one today day 5 if neg get to go to area around the pool for an hour on day 7 and last one is day 12.

3 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Not correct not extra for it where i am, I would say some might some dont, my test schedule did one on arrival at hotel day zero, did one today day 5 if neg get to go to area around the pool for an hour on day 7 and last one is day 12.

Ok thank you. It is rare for the hotel to test on arrival, most people avoid them. There is/was one hotel that made people stay in hospital the first night. As you say depends on the hotel, the obviously costed the price accordingly depending on the criteria of the partner hospital.

6 hours ago, bear9 said:

Any reason why some of the hotels do a test on arrival and others do not?  If they do a test on arrival you have to pay extra for that?

My ASQ did 3 covid tests, 1st on arrival, there was no extra charge, the price was included in the original quote and they did state that a test on arrival was needed.

19 hours ago, jimn said:

Ok thank you. It is rare for the hotel to test on arrival, most people avoid them. There is/was one hotel that made people stay in hospital the first night. As you say depends on the hotel, the obviously costed the price accordingly depending on the criteria of the partner hospital.

Note quite accurate - it made guests who were over 60 years old stay the first night in a hospital. 

6 minutes ago, howerde said:
6 hours ago, bear9 said:

Any reason why some of the hotels do a test on arrival and others do not?  If they do a test on arrival you have to pay extra for that?

My ASQ did 3 covid tests, 1st on arrival, there was no extra charge, the price was included in the original quote and they did state that a test on arrival was needed.

The reason - individual interpretation of the rules. Some ASQ hotels seem to have decided that if 72hrs is a magic figure for people to Covid-19 negate <72hrs before a flight, then their logic projects that the guest needs to be Covid-19 negative <72 hrs before arrival at the ASQ Hotel.

It's flawed logic - but what can you do ?

I was charged 5950baht for a Covid-19 PCR test on my arrival day as my existing test was 4 days old by the time I’d arrived at the ASQ. I argued, but I was shown the online form I’d filled out where I’d agreed that one of the conditions of arrival at the ASQ was a Covid-19 test within 72 hrs.

With regards to paying extra for an extra test: Some yes, some no - it depends on the package. 

Some hotels include 3 Covid-19 PCR tests in their package. 

Most hotels include 2 Covid-19 PCR tests in their package. 

Some hotels insist you have a Covid-19 PCR test upon arrival at the ASQ hotel IF your preflight Covid-19 test is more than 72 hrs earlier than arrival at the hotel. If its one of the hotels where just 2 Covid-19 PCR tests are included in the package, you will have to pay for the extra test.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Note quite accurate - it made guests who were over 60 years old stay the first night in a hospital. 

Thank you for adding the correct information. My post was basically right and you added the needed clarification.