NonO marriage extension: extra days possible?

Hi all,

simple question that should be a piece of cake for the omniscient UJ: I am currently on a nonO marriage extension finishing on Feb. 10th (fourth in a row) that I plan to reniew on the base of the 400k. Due to some mishap (my fault and the covid's), my bank account was only seasoned on the 14th of Dec. hence lacking 4 days at least. Is there a possibility to get an extra say one week "extension" from the immigration so that I can meet the required two months when I apply?...Thanks for any relevant advice.

If you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not applied for one since your last entry with a visa.

Most offices would allow you to do the extension after paying the 500 baht per day overstay fine. I suggest you go to your local immigration office ask about doing it a few days late.

FAO Joe:

Hi Joe,

I wonder if you would be so kind to advise me if you know the answer to my query?

I normally get a 1 year multiple entry Non-O visa (from Laos or Vietnam) due to having a Thai spouse.  That has never been a problem to renew it but due to so many borders being closed these days, I had to apply for a new visa while back home in the UK.  The London Embassy has only been issuing Single Entry Non-O visas (for quite some time) and to be fair, they gave me 90 days when I was only expecting 60 days.  I wish they would resume issuing 1 year Multiple Entry ones.

Anyway, my single entry visa expires early March and it has been suggested to me by a few Expats that I should be able to apply for an extension at Immigration in Bangkok.  If that is indeed the case and a simple process like when I am applying to renew my usual yearly visa; do you have any ideas of how long of an extension they might grant me?

Although I am currently out of work, I have sufficient funds to support my wife and family.  Also, I could pick up a new Overseas FIFO contract any week from now, so I am not looking for one of these 12 month extensions as I need to be able to come and go (subject to on-going Covid-19 travel restrictions).

I look forward to your feedback if you are able to advise.

All the best Mate.

Seb

39 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

Anyway, my single entry visa expires early March and it has been suggested to me by a few Expats that I should be able to apply for an extension at Immigration in Bangkok. 

You visa expiring means nothing now. Only your 90 day permit to stay is important. When does it end?

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension or a one time only per entry to the country 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Hi Joe,

I entered on 7th December and my visa expires on 6th March.

Sounds like the 60 day extension to visit my wife is the one for me.   I have time to renew it but I better attend to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

22 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

Sounds like the 60 day extension to visit my wife is the one for me.   I have time to renew it but I better attend to it as soon as possible.

You could apply for it about 2 weeks before your current permit to stay ends on March 6th.

I'm a bit confused about 90 reporting. Possibly Ubonjoe or another can help me. I have an non O visa (Thai wife) and I get an extension of stay every year as normal.

·       Previous stay extension was until 16 Feb 2021.

·       However I renewed early visiting Korat Immigration on 12 Jan 2021, because of the Covid situation.

·       I got a stamp telling me to come to Korat Immigration on 18 March 2021.

·       However my previous extension had a requirement to do a 90 report on 2 Feb 2021.

·       Do I need to do this 90 day report, as I now am in process of getting a further 1 year extension?

My wife is certain that the IO said that I did not need to do the 90 day report, however the IO was multi-tasking with several other people at the time and things were confused. I phoned up Korat Immigration, but they did not speak English, so I got a secretary at the office to speak to them, and she thinks that they said yes, I must do the 90 day report; but again there was an excellent chance of a misunderstanding. I'm confused, and as I am in Chonburi at present I don't want a 600 km wasted round trip, and the possibility of being hasselled for leaving a red zone. 

22 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

However my previous extension had a requirement to do a 90 report on 2 Feb 2021.

You need to do your 90 day report on or before February 2nd.

A extension application does not reset your 90 day report date unless immigration does a report and gives you a receipt for it.

I just found another piece of paper stapelled into my passport, headed "Receipt of Notification"  with things like "have received notification of Alien's address from", my name, and "who notify their residence where Aliens have stayed". and stamped. Is this the receipt that they have done a report and I don't have to do it (I ask hopefully).

14 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

I  just found another piece of paper stapelled into my passport, headed "Receipt of Notification"  with things like "have received notification of Alien's address from", my name, and "who notify their residence where Aliens have stayed". and stamped. Is this the receipt that they have done a report and I don't have to do it (I ask hopefully).

That appears to be a receipt for a TM30 report.

A 90 day report receipt has this under your name "HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THAILAND FOR 90 DAYS FROM".

20 hours ago, JohnB1945 said:

Thanks again Ubonjoe. Better do the 90 days report to be sure then. 

You definitely need to try doing your 90-day report on-line.  This can be done till and including due date, in your case 2 Feb.  When doing it in person at Korat IO you can do it till 6 days after due date.

In case you are not successful (there seem to be some issues with the website at the moment), you should consider whether it is actually worth doing the 600 km round-trip and crossing red provincial borders just for confirming that your 'official' address is still in Korat province.

The fine for not having done your 90-day report is 'only' 2.000,- THB irrespective of how many days your are late (so in principle, you could even wait till your next 1-year extension and then pay the 2.000,- THB fine).

Archived