Thais Entering Thailand

Neeranam

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if Thais entering Thailand have less things to go through than foreigners? 

Yes, they don't need a covid test.

For example, do they need to get vaccinated? 

Nobody does to-date.

• Like 2

Just now, Neeranam said:

So Thais don't need vaccinated or a Covid certificate. 

Just quarantine. Is this free? 

It can be free, if the get a repat flight but they have no choice of SQ. If they decide to fly semi-commercial then they choose, and pay, for ASQ.

They still need Fit to fly and COE.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It can be free, if the get a repat flight but they have no choice of SQ. If they decide to fly semi-commercial then they choose, and pay, for ASQ.

They still need Fit to fly and COE.

What is ASQ? 

What is fit to fly? A test? Someone else said no test. 

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So Thais don't need vaccinated or a Covid certificate. 

Just quarantine. Is this free? 

You looking at taking a trip outwards with a return now as a Thai Citizen Neeranam.  If so you will still need to have a fit to fly certificate, or Covid test to fly outbound at least 72 hours prior or most airlines will not let you board.  To return you will have to get in line behind the other Thai's already wishing to return, and then quarantine at either an ASQ (Alternate State Quarantine) on your dime, or go to one of the free quarantine locations for Thai citizens.  Good luck and God Speed in whatever you decide to do, or whomever you trying to get info for.

Edited by ThailandRyan

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What is ASQ? 

Alternative State Quarantine (see options here https://thaiest.com/blog/asq-hotels-on-agoda.)

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What is fit to fly? A test? Someone else said no test. 

Certification from a medical organisation you are fit to fly (can get it for 400 Bht from a Bangkok based Dr via online consultation).

The Certificate of Entry is done online here https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

TR reminded me in the post above, you have citizenship now, is it for you?

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You looking at taking a trip outwards with a return now as a Thai Citizen Neeranam.  If so you will still need to have a fit to fly certificate, or Covid test to fly outbound at least 72 hours prior or most airlines will not let you board.  To return you will have to get in line behind the other Thai's already wishing to return, and then quarantine at either an ASQ (Alternate State Quarantine) on your dime, or go to one of the free quarantine locations for Thai citizens.  Good luck and God Speed in whatever you decide to do, or whomever you trying to get info for.

Most helpful Ryan, thanks! 

Yes, I need to visit my mother soon in the UK. She needs an operation and someone to look after her post op. 

Just gaining initial info, I've not been following covid news at all. 

Do you think it will be much easier if I wait 2/3 months? I know no one really knows. 

Maybe best to wait for a vaccine, or at least until my mother gets one. 

Most helpful Ryan, thanks! 

Yes, I need to visit my mother soon in the UK. She needs an operation and someone to look after her post op. 

Just gaining initial info, I've not been following covid news at all. 

Do you think it will be much easier if I wait 2/3 months? I know no one really knows. 

Maybe best to wait for a vaccine, or at least until my mother gets one. 

Neeranam, I am unsure of what will or may be different in a few months.  Thailand definitely may or may not have vaccines available, but unless there is a Thai you know on another forum that can tell of their experience, either going to the UK or returning, it is a toss-up.  I think maybe the UK has, or is in the process of creating a quarantine program upon admission to the country, depending on where you come from.  I know the US is doing this soon as well.  Whether its a self quarantine or something else like Australia has, I couldn't tell you.  Best to be safe and check with the British Embassy here, they do have an outreach unit that someone can point you to.  I know you have been busy with the Thai Citizenship process and I commend you for that.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1