I have to travel to Pattaya for hospital appointment. Is it possible?

advancebooking

I have to travel from Rayong (in lockdown) to Pattaya to have a hospital appointment this weekend. 

Are the lockdown procedures eased now or any news on this? 

Do I need to still go to an office when departing to sign a form or something? 

Anyone have an update?  Are lockdown things being eased after 1st feb?

thanks

• Haha 1

I don't know from where you will be travelling from however, we drove from Rayong to (Chonburi) Pattaya Bangkok hospital yesterday and there were no signs of check points at all, either way. We had gone though being f#$%ed around getting the correct paper work signed at our local Amphur but that was not needed on the day. It would seem that the inter provincial travel restrictions have been relaxed except for Samut Sakon and neighbouring provinces. Don't stress, just go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been to Rayong and back a couple times while the "restrictions" were in place and it seems the only checkpoints were on Highway 36 (heading to Rayong) and one on the 331 just before the 332 intersection (again, heading towards Rayong). Didn't see any going from Rayong to Pattaya on either of those 2 highways. (We did a zig-zag, back roads return from Sattahip from the 331 to the 332 and then some wee little roads through the countryside to get to a friend's fishing park and some more wee little roads to get over to the #3 after that.)

During the late morning/early afternoon, neither was being manned though there were lots of people (on their phones of course) sitting in the tents on the side of the road. One of our guys said they only checked people at night (less traffic = less work I guess). Some friends came to the campground in the morning (on their Harleys) and said the checkpoint was manned and they just told the cops they were just going to visit some friends (us) nearby and would be back in an hour or two. Apparently that was good enough and they were allowed through (without any paperwork, just a temperature check).

Just have your appointment slip with you (which you'd have anyways) and you should be fine. As noted above, the restrictions are supposed to be over with anyways so I'd suspect they won't be checking anyone anymore even if it isn't "official" until Monday.

8 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

I don't know from where you will be travelling from however, we drove from Rayong to (Chonburi) Pattaya Bangkok hospital yesterday and there were no signs of check points at all, either way. We had gone though being f#$%ed around getting the correct paper work signed at our local Amphur but that was not needed on the day. It would seem that the inter provincial travel restrictions have been relaxed except for Samut Sakon and neighbouring provinces. Don't stress, just go.

Totally agree, i've not stopped travelling throughout the last month.

As i've mentioned before the BS paperwork process was merely a deterrent IMO coz everyone knows how much of a ball ache the bueraucracy is here.

• Like 1