Looking for someone to install ceiling fans

I guess it's fairly self explanatory in the title. I'm looking for someone to install 3 ceiling fans. 

The maintenance guys at the complex don't seem confident to undertake the work and the last time I had this done I was charged 1,200 for each fan. Which seemed a bit on the high side to my mind for less than a couple of hours work. At least  this particular type of work! ????

Also interested if anybody knows of a handyman? I'm fairly handy myself but there are certain jobs I cannot undertake for various reasons. 

Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Wise move, some farang was electrocuted a few days ago trying to install his own fan.

The electrical wiring is the relatively easy bit, especially if you turn the lekky off at the fuse box. Screwing it to a solid, secure part of the ceiling is the hard bit.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

The electrical wiring is the relatively easy bit, especially if you turn the lekky off at the fuse box. Screwing it to a solid, secure part of the ceiling is the hard bit.

The unlucky guy in my link above switched it off. ALWAYS check here if there is still power in the cables. 

• Like 1

I guess I was mainly after somebody who does that type of work that somebody may have used previously. 

I wouldn't undertake the electrics mainly because I wouldn't know where to tap in to the existing wiring I'll leave that to the maintenance guys at the complex. 

With regards to the mounting it's pretty straightforward and I may do it myself if I don't get the results. But basically you just slide a piece of wood about 400mm long into the ceiling cavity and screw into that.  If you don't think that's okay no problems but there's no need to comment on it. 

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Ceilings are likely not strong enough.... well certainly not in my house as they are all false ones and a wooden framework needs to be there to support it and spread the weight. So first issue is whether you can get up there above the ceiling. A ceiling fan isn't too bad to replace but a first time installation is a bit of effort. When I bought a new one the sales guy at Homepro seemed keen to come do the job.

Get a  floor fan!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1