UK set to formally apply for trans-Pacific trade bloc membership

rooster59

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

"They wanted 2nd dibs of the original referendum."

Just like Farage said he would demand had he lost by a small margin. From the Mirror interview with him linked to above; “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

So it's ok by you for Farage to want a second referendum in the event of a close result, but not Remainers; who you have called an expletive removed by the forum software?

Of course, as said, being the hypocrite that he is, having won with 51.89% of the vote Farage soon changed his mind about the need for a two thirds to one third majority!

remind everyone again Was Nigel the  Prime Minister, was Nigel in Government at the time, How many years has Nigel been calling for a referendum

Cameron made it crystal clear

Cameron says no second EU referendum if result is close

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-cameron-idUKKCN0Y81VK

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If you take the 36% leavers that always knew which way the would vote and the 7% that knew which way they would vote more than a year ago and the 15% that knew how they would vote since the beginning  of the year which i read as 01/01/2016 the end result is

58% of Leavers had made their minds up before the date of the referendum was announced on  20/02/2016

As is confirmed on the site, those 15% said that they had decided since the beginning of the year but before the month before the vote ;i.e. not between 1/1/16 and 20/2/16 but between 1/1/16 and 23/5/16. 

A full three months longer than you are trying to claim and three months after campaigning had started!

Why do you feel the need to try and fiddle the figures?

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Most leavers that I have spoken with had no issues with a 2nd referendum vote on deal or no deal

so long as a 2nd referendum didn't include any of the options of remaining on a ballot paper 

How many are that? 10? 100? 1000? More?

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

remind everyone again Was Nigel the  Prime Minister, was Nigel in Government at the time, How many years has Nigel been calling for a referendum

Cameron made it crystal clear

Cameron says no second EU referendum if result is close

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-cameron-idUKKCN0Y81VK

Doesn't change what the man many believe to be responsible for forcing Cameron into calling the referendum in the first place due to his fear of UKIP taking Tory seats said.

Farage said before the vote that Remain needed to win by two thirds to one third or another referendum would be needed. After the vote he said that a 51.89% win for Leave was the end of the matter.

You're making remarks, one of which has been removed by the forum's obscenity filter, about Remainers not accepting the result due to it being so close; yet you accept Farage's hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As is confirmed on the site, those 15% said that they had decided since the beginning of the year but before the month before the vote ;i.e. not between 1/1/16 and 20/2/16 but between 1/1/16 and 23/5/16. 

A full three months longer than you are trying to claim and three months after campaigning had started!

suggest you check again 19% said they made their minds up  between 26/6/16 and 25/5/16

58% of Leavers had made their minds up before the date of the referendum was announced on  20/02/2016 

as this chart shows

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2019/03/lord-ashcroft-how-the-united-kingdom-voted-on-eu-referendum-day-and-why.html

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Doesn't change what the man many believe to be responsible for forcing Cameron into calling the referendum in the first place due to his fear of UKIP taking Tory seats said.

Farage said before the vote that Remain needed to win by two thirds to one third or another referendum would be needed. After the vote he said that a 51.89% win for Leave was the end of the matter.

You're making remarks, one of which has been removed by the forum's obscenity filter, about Remainers not accepting the result due to it being so close; yet you accept Farage's hypocrisy.

and what remarks are those please repost

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

suggest you check again 19% said they made their minds up  between 26/6/16 and 25/5/16

as this chart shows

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2019/03/lord-ashcroft-how-the-united-kingdom-voted-on-eu-referendum-day-and-why.html

It is you who needs to check again.

The chart you refer to:

http://conhome.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/4-timeline-by-LR-881x1024.jpg

"Since the beginning of the year." Not "Between 1/1/16 and 20/2/16!"

Edit: Seems the chart won't copy to here; but it's plain for all who follow your or my link to see.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No need to fiddle the figures 19% said they made their minds up in the last month before the vote 58% of Leavers had made their minds up before the date of the referendum was announced on  20/02/2016

10 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I

In June 2012, nearly 100 Conservative MPs called for a referendum ‘on the nature of our relationship with the European Union’ but this was rejected.

However, calls for a referendum were persistent, from within the Tory party and from UKIP and in order to appease voters, Cameron promised that, if the Conservatives won the 2015 General Election, there would be a Brexit vote before the end of 2017

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/11/david-cameron-call-referendum-brexit-8231803/?ito=cbshare

He wasn't forced he took a gamble to settle the issue once and for all

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It is you who needs to check again.

The chart you refer to:

http://conhome.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/4-timeline-by-LR-881x1024.jpg

"Since the beginning of the year." Not "Between 1/1/16 and 20/2/16!"

Edit: Seems the chart won't copy to here; but it's plain for all who follow your or my link to see.

Most people I know when they say since the beginning of the year they mean January I don't know anyone that refers to February or March as the beginning of the year

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

No need to fiddle the figures 19% said they made their minds up in the last month before the vote 58% of Leavers had made their minds up before the date of the referendum was announced on  20/02/2016

The poll, as your link says, was conducted on the day of the referendum itself; asking people after they had voted.

As can be seen; the table says 15% of Leavers, and 13% of Remainers, had made up their minds "since the beginning of the year."

Not between the beginning of the year and the referendum being announced!

As the next category is "In the last month" it is fair to assume that those in the "since the beginning of the year" category made their decision before the 23rd May; one month before the vote.

Deny it all you like; but your own link proves you wrong!

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Most people I know when they say since the beginning of the year they mean January I don't know anyone that refers to February or March as the beginning of the year

Where have I referred to any date other than 1/1/16 as the beginning of the year?

I haven't.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The poll, as your link says, was conducted on the day of the referendum itself; asking people after they had voted.

As can be seen; the table says 15% of Leavers, and 13% of Remainers, had made up their minds "since the beginning of the year."

Not between the beginning of the year and the referendum being announced!

As the next category is "In the last month" it is fair to assume that those in the "since the beginning of the year" category made their decision before the 23rd May; one month before the vote.

Deny it all you like; but your own link proves you wrong!

and take the 15% of leavers that had made their minds up since the since the beginning of the year add that to the 7% that made their minds up in 2015 and add that to the 36% that always knew which way they were going to vote and you have 58%

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I

In June 2012, nearly 100 Conservative MPs called for a referendum ‘on the nature of our relationship with the European Union’ but this was rejected.

However, calls for a referendum were persistent, from within the Tory party and from UKIP and in order to appease voters, Cameron promised that, if the Conservatives won the 2015 General Election, there would be a Brexit vote before the end of 2017

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/11/david-cameron-call-referendum-brexit-8231803/?ito=cbshare

He wasn't forced he took a gamble to settle the issue once and for all

Yes; Cameron promised voters a referendum in the 2015 election in an effort to stop traditional Tory voters voting UKIP. A tactic that worked then; but backfired in 2016.

But this was originally about calls for a second referendum.

It is a fact that the leading anti EU campaigner, Farage, said before the vote that he would not accept the result and call for another referendum if Remain won by anything less than two thirds to one third!

Name me one leading Remain politician who has ever said anything similar.

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

and take the 15% of leavers that had made their minds up since the since the beginning of the year add that to the 7% that made their minds up in 2015 and add that to the 36% that always knew which way they were going to vote and you have 58%

As your link shows; the 15% made their mind up between the beginning of the year and a month before the vote!

To claim, as you have repeatedly done, that this means they made their minds up before 20/2/16 is ridiculous at best!

But carry on making a fool of yourself over this when your own link proves you wrong if you wish.