Does the entry stamp expiry date trump the visa expiry date?

My husband has a visa (PE) which expired on Nov 2 2020. His entry stamp from Suvarnabhumi immigration expires Nov 1st 2021. (PE visas get 1 year entry stamp on each arrival)

He will be 50 on May 28 and plans to get a retirement visa.

The question I have is the entry stamp expiry date more important than the visa expiry date itself for (a) staying in Thailand and (B) applying for a retirement visa.

Any help appreciated!

7 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

The question I have is the entry stamp expiry date more important than the visa expiry date itself for (a) staying in Thailand and (B) applying for a retirement visa.

The permit to stay on a entry stamp is the only important thing now.

He will not be able to change to an extension based upon retirement with his current PE visa entry.

He will have to leave and re-enter the country with a non-o visa or apply for a tourist visa or get a visa exempt entry if qualifies for one and then change to a 90 day non-o visa entry.

Thank you Ubon Joe. A quick speedy reply as ever!

Going out of the country doesn't look like much of an option with the quarantines in place.

Is it possible to get a tourist visa whilst within Thailand or any other visa-exempt entry as you suggested?

5 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

Thank you Ubon Joe. A quick speedy reply as ever!

Going out of the country doesn't look like much of an option with the quarantines in place.

Is it possible to get a tourist visa whilst within Thailand or any other visa-exempt entry as you suggested?

You entered on PE. That means no to your question. Don't even think an agent can do much.

27 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

That is not possible without leaving the country. Neither can be issued here in the country,

Thanks for the replies guys.

So I guess the best thing to do is just sit in Thailand until closer to the entry stamp expiry date (Nov 1st) and wait and see what is the state of the world at that point.

Thanks again Ubon Joe and DrJack54 !

18 hours ago, thaiclan said:

His entry stamp from Suvarnabhumi immigration expires Nov 1st 2021.

Hopefully, by the end of summer, the borders will be open again and a Non-O can be obtained in a neighboring country (and/or Singapore or Vietnam).

Thai clan,

I raised hell about this issue with an IO, I know at Chiang Wattana recently.  Just to raise hell, of course....

Similar to an argument I had about switching to a Business Visa, oh khun Brad, it does not work like that anymore... we've modified the laws, so now : you would have to LEAVE the country, re-apply at consulate but. No....you cannot switch from Retirement to Business any more, while remaining in the Kingdom.

Its as if, they want to keep the system inefficient and restrictive as humanly possible

OH, BUT IF WERE "BIG SPENDERS"  (Tourists) we can have safe and clean Sex Tours, guaranteed by TAT????  Good luck with that! 

27 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Thai clan,

I raised hell about this issue with an IO, I know at Chiang Wattana recently.  Just to raise hell, of course....

Similar to an argument I had about switching to a Business Visa, oh khun Brad, it does not work like that anymore... we've modified the laws, so now : you would have to LEAVE the country, re-apply at consulate but. No....you cannot switch from Retirement to Business any more, while remaining in the Kingdom.

Its as if, they want to keep the system inefficient and restrictive as humanly possible

OH, BUT IF WERE "BIG SPENDERS"  (Tourists) we can have safe and clean Sex Tours, guaranteed by TAT????  Good luck with that! 

I've seen guys such as yourself 'raising hell' at immigration just because they can. How did it work out for you.

Archived