Driving a car from Pattaya to Hua Hin

bronzedude

7 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

late February.

Situation can change any day.

So you can only get info for today (Feb 1).

Today a lot of restrictions have been eased.

Chonburi is in the "Controlled areas".

Prachuap Khiri Khan is in the "High surveillance areas".

For both no travel restrictions are shown as of today.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/thailand-eases-covid-19-control-measures-in-most-areas-from-1-february-2021/

• Like 1

as from saturday no restrictions going from pattaya.

personally I would go for holidays asap, because situation might dramatically change (I do speculate that covid will finally come to ratchaburi, phetchaburi and prachuap - because they are very close to samut sakhon and to birma), because pattaya still poses higher risk of infection than HH and also because of higher smog in pattaya (industrial region) than HH.

if ferry would start operating again it would be faster and an attraction in itself, but I suspect it closed down indefinitely, albeit nothing about it on their own website.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Wife is saying that BKK is a red zone 

She said if she went BKK from Khorat she would have to self quarantine for 14 days & a person comes & check every day 

Yes, but that does not affect driving on a tollway (southern ring road) around Bangkok as a trip from Pattaya to Hua Hin would include.

Also it seem that mandatory quarantine for domestic travel has been lifted now.

Edited by KhunBENQ

32 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

She said if she went BKK from Khorat she would have to self quarantine for 14 days & a person comes & check every day 

Maybe she's right, but this thread is about driving from Pattaya to Hua Hin. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

not, it might be opposite, coming back to her home in korat might require isolation. But healthy person coming to bangkok doesn't pose any threat.

I don't think that from the last saturday there is a need for bangkokians to do isolation. Might be case only for samut sakhon. Everything is opening now, just no drinks.

Even before it was possible to travel from bangkok (and back) by car to any not red zone without isolation. I have travelled to hua hin 2 weeks ago for a holiday

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, internationalism said:

not, it might be opposite, coming back to her home in korat might require isolation.

Indeed, I overlooked this (different direction). Such rules existed since end of December or so.

But as written the requirement seems to have been lifted anyway.

Thank you everyone. The website TATnews was especially helpful. I should be able to keep tabs on the restrictions. It seems as long as we take major roads: 7; 9; 37; 35; and 4, we should be able have no problems. We'll just make sure we have enough petrol to not stop in Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon. 

10 hours ago, bronzedude said:

Thank you everyone. The website TATnews was especially helpful. I should be able to keep tabs on the restrictions. It seems as long as we take major roads: 7; 9; 37; 35; and 4, we should be able have no problems. We'll just make sure we have enough petrol to not stop in Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon. 

So basically, one can drive between Hua Hin and Bangkok, travelling into/out of Bangkok along Rama 2 Road,  without any COVID-19 documentation, as long as you do not stop in Samut Sakhon?

22 hours ago, bronzedude said:

I would like to go for a 4 day holiday in late February.

Don't know what hotel you normally stay at but I noticed the Hilton, yes I know the Hilton has a 3 night and or a 5 night package for what I consider peanuts, so if your wanting to stay in a 5 star for what you would normally pay for a 3 star, check out their Workation package.

If your wife has registered on the Thai government app, 3 nights inclusive of breakfast and food and beverage coupons to the value of 3,000 baht, will set you back 6,000 baht, works out to be 2,000 a night and you get a 60 square metre Junior suite with ocean views or if you want to go up a notch to 5 nights in the Executive Oceanfront  for 12,300 baht inclusive of breakfast and 6,000 baht worth of food and beverage coupons.

There is a lot more offered, so if your interested and the wife is registration with the government app its the cheapest 5 star hotel you will find in Thailand, smack on the beach, I love the place.

If your wife isn't registered with the government 40% discount app, then it's still feasible for most at 16,500 for 3 nights, or 20,500 for 5 nights, so work out the difference from the hotel you would be staying at and see if if there is a big or small difference.

Oh check in is at 10am and check out is at 4pm.

You have to book before the end of February, so check it out, you can thank me later.

Highly recommend, only live once, and we all deserve it ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:33 PM, BEVUP said:

I have to take the wife for an urgent dental appointment in Bangkok on Thursday , traveling from Petchabun.  We won't be staying overnight, just there and back. I had my wife ask the village headman if we would have to do any self quarantine on our return and he said if returning the same day ....no.

Recently we had a relative from Samut Sakhon arrive here and they had to do quarantine in their home as soon as they arrived and were checked up on by local authority every day of their stay. 

2 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

I have to take the wife for an urgent dental appointment in Bangkok on Thursday , traveling from Petchabun.  We won't be staying overnight, just there and back. I had my wife ask the village headman if we would have to do any self quarantine on our return and he said if returning the same day ....no.

Recently we had a relative from Samut Sakhon arrive here and they had to do quarantine in their home as soon as they arrived and were checked up on by local authority every day of their stay. 

Thanks good info

The Bangkok one surprises me - Green zone - to Red - & back to green 

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

They call it TTogether, although it's true name is Pao Tung.

Maybe they do, but this name seems to be unknown on the app store, and on google!  Pao Tang(sic) does exist but brings up only a lot of Chinese apps.

This page contains useful information about using the scheme in English, at least for this one hotel:

https://pattaya.holidayinn.com/offers/we-travel-together

It also contains this link to an explanatory document in Thai about the “We Travel Together" scheme:

https://www.เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน.com/assets/download/Manual_เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน_คู่มือประชาชน_150720_v3.pdf

28 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Maybe they do, but this name seems to be unknown on the app store, and on google!  Pao Tang(sic) does exist but brings up only a lot of Chinese apps.

This page contains useful information about using the scheme in English, at least for this one hotel:

https://pattaya.holidayinn.com/offers/we-travel-together

It also contains this link to an explanatory document in Thai about the “We Travel Together" scheme:

https://www.เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน.com/assets/download/Manual_เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน_คู่มือประชาชน_150720_v3.pdf

Just spoke to the wife and she said the name it's known by is " Rao Tiew Duay Gun" and from my understanding it's been extended to end April 2021, however if she hasn't registered, I don't know if they have any remaining spots, no harm in trying though, an old article for you to read below and best of luck.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1953632/we-travel-together-stimulus-package-launched

23 hours ago, PGSan said:

I can see an app in the App Store called Paotung and also one called Paotang, both from Krungthai Bank.  If you're not seeing one perhaps you are geo-blocked.