No ASQ Quarantine Certificate NO VISA EXTENSION!

What immigration office told you that. As far as I know their is no requirement to prove you went through the 14 day quarantine to apply for a extension.

A bit absurd to ask for it since you have a legit entry stamp issued by immigration.

That is absolute rubbish !!!!..... Whether or not you did quarantine is irrelevant to your status to carry out your extension. 

What about the guys who are extending and have not left Thailand. 

I arrived in July on a Non-Imm O Single Entry 90 day visa (based on Marriage).

I extended in October (first ever Marriage extension) no issues (at Chaeng Wattana). 

1 month ‘under consideration’ period - full 12 month (from Oct) approved. 

Not even a hint of requirement for any silly documents....  

5 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

I completed quarantine just before Christmas, can't find my ASQ certificate and now immigration won't process my visa extension!!!

Immigration now saying If not provided I may have to leave and do quarantine all over again!

Anyone got any experience?

Go back, try again. 

Make sure you get a different officer.

If they insist on this, be polite but ask to see the boss.

This could be something as simple as one of the desk officers misunderstanding conversation etc... 

That said: Ask the ASQ you stayed at if they have a copy of your release document - they may have it. 

(I have no idea where mine is either). 

I completed quarantine 26/12/20 and was given  a 'certificate/document' for it before leaving. But just this week I was emailed a different more official looking certificate for it by my quarantine hotel. So if u email or phone your quarantine hotel u should also be able to obtain a copy.

My apologies in advance for anyone who thinks this is serious advice...

Have you tried the kiosks on Kao San Road?

Seriously- your best bet, if your immigration office actually requires the document, is to go back to the hotel and ask for a copy.

Bangkok Blue,

Time to talk to the station chief. Its amazing the amount of mis information IO officers regurgitated throughout the provinces, over the years.

Start writing down names, taking pictures and asking for copies of alleged proof of anything....

Some years back at The Ministry of Commerce, I heard every story from front line officers about the law this, and regulation that.... as soon as I went to deputy directors office and wrote for a formal meeting with the deputy minister: 

Oh. We did not understand.... sure we can do that..... uh huh.  That was 18 weeks later, and 8 levels up, but I think you get my point.

Question Authority!  

When and if, the Ministry of Finance asks you for a receipt (for your 25 year old bed room furniture when moving your house hold goods here), thats your que to speak to a higher authority. 

Same situation here, people making problems for themselves and other people.

Talk to the Station Chief. they will tell you they're name and phone number. If you still are not satisfied, go to the director.

If all else fails... Chang Wattana to Immigration district head officers on 6th and 10th floors.

Happy hunting. 

even if you have not got the ASQ departure certificate you must have communications / emails to/from the hotel ( any receipts ?) to show you were there AND your CofE should show your booking .  You can't leave the airport without confirmed ASQ/ALQ booking and transport !

On 2/1/2021 at 9:36 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Not even a hint of requirement for any silly documents....  

It seems to be becoming a common theme here on TVF from provincial immigration offices. It seems that Chaeng Wattana Immigration, Bangkok is one of, if not the straightest, immigration offices in the Kingdom of Thailand. OK so the wait times used to be long but at least there's no nosnense, no expectation of "agent applications" or ridiculous requests for papers or documents of no relevance. Just one of the benefits of living in the capital city. My annual extension next month. Fingers crossed.

Well, I went back to Cheangwattana Friday and spoke to someone who was in charge. They were adamant, no quarantine certificate no extension of stay.

I have met the GM of the ASQ hotel, who has asked me to come back tomorrow to meet government official who will sign off my replacement certificate.

Then back to immigration, who have assured me if I have a copy all is good.

Archived