Pros and Cons for Thailand Elite Visa holders to skip the 90 day reporting all together.

When I realised that I had missed my '90 Days Reporting' by a few weeks already, I saw no reason to rush and renew it. Late is late and a fine of TB 2,000 is due in any case. I am now about 100 days over due. I shall visit Chaenwattana on the 4th of Feb. to arrange for my 1 year Stay of Extension under my 5 year Th. Elite P.E. Visa.
My plan was to subsequently sort out my '90 Days Reporting' issue on the same day at M. T. Thani Immig. Office, which is quite a trip.

WHY should I?
Would it make any difference - if yes which - whether I make my prostration now (pay the fine) or in a few years (and pay the same fine)?

Could there be any problems without a valid '90 days report' should I be stopped, challenges, quizzed etc. for any reason by Thai authorities?

Many thanks for any advise / opinion.

You will not be allowed to do the extension of your permit to stay from your PE visa without a up to date 90 day report.

You will have to to MTT to do your report before doing the extension. You can make an appointment to do it that cans save some time doing it. Site to do it: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

You do not have to do the 90 day reports in person. They can be done online or by mail.

Thai Elite will do them for you if you take your passport to their office in Bangkok.

According to Key Visa: https://www.keyvisathailand.com/your-complete-guide-to-90-day-reporting-online-in-thailand/

"Failure to report your address in the given period may result in fines up to 5,000 baht and even arrest."

I have never heard of anyone being arrested for this. But, from the Thai immigration bureau's website: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

Sounds like a bad idea.

I am also an Elite holder. While I don't suggest skipping the 90 day the only way I could see it working would be if you left the country and then reentered. That's one place I am told they don't check or care about 90 day reporting, but if you were somehow nabbed before making your border escape it could be bad. In fact recently an overzealous immigration agent was so delighted by the prospect of penalizing me for failing to do 90 day reporting she gleefully reprimanded me for failing to file the report and barked I should immediately head to Muang Thong Thani -- pay my fine and come back (after going to the back of the queue). It was almost worth being chastised by her when I saw her jaw drop as I politely informed her Au Contraire I had done my report and the proof was in my passport on one of the pages she gleefully thumbed passed.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be allowed to do the extension of your permit to stay from your PE visa without a up to date 90 day report.

You will have to to MTT to do your report before doing the extension. You can make an appointment to do it that cans save some time doing it. Site to do it: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

You do not have to do the 90 day reports in person. They can be done online or by mail.

Thai Elite will do them for you if you take your passport to their office in Bangkok.

Anyone can do it for you

18 hours ago, wasabi said:

I am also an Elite holder. While I don't suggest skipping the 90 day the only way I could see it working would be if you left the country and then reentered. That's one place I am told they don't check or care about 90 day reporting, but if you were somehow nabbed before making your border escape it could be bad. In fact recently an overzealous immigration agent was so delighted by the prospect of penalizing me for failing to do 90 day reporting she gleefully reprimanded me for failing to file the report and barked I should immediately head to Muang Thong Thani -- pay my fine and come back (after going to the back of the queue). It was almost worth being chastised by her when I saw her jaw drop as I politely informed her Au Contraire I had done my report and the proof was in my passport on one of the pages she gleefully thumbed passed.

I had a similar experience where I was told I was on overstay, it’s great to get the better of them when you can prove them wrong!

The whole 90 day report should be changed to read

If you have changed your residential address since last reported to obtain, extend or change visa class you must report in person to an Immigration Officer or send notification by registered mail.

within 30 days of changing abode

Failure to do so    blah blah

I see the 90 day report as nothing other than an income source

21 hours ago, timendres said:

According to Key Visa: https://www.keyvisathailand.com/your-complete-guide-to-90-day-reporting-online-in-thailand/

I have never heard of anyone being arrested for this. But, from the Thai immigration bureau's website: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Sounds like a bad idea.

Good advice...don’t mess with Thai immigration consequences are far more devastating than sodomy with a hot iron....they are merciless, and More effective than the IRS with God like impunity and powers. Don’t believe me, test them and see...good luck everyone. 

Many thanks for all the answers .....
Now here are the facts, as done 2 days ago:

Sorry, some of the comments, especially the 1st one from "ubonjoe" are plainly wrong.  Please don't do this here any more!

Together with the 'Concierge Service' of Th. Elite I went to Chanwattana to do my 1 year extension of stay without a valid 90 day report, in fact being 4 months overdue.
It was a piece of cake. All was done within 30 minutes.

I then asked the Th. Elite agent if I really must do my long overdue 90 days reporting because for me that meant riding my bike into the 'unknown' to another immigration lacation...... She was sweet, non committal ... lol.
But then she asked if I would like to try and do my 90 days report at Chanwattana (with a little help from her friend  ...). I was thrilled and begged her to try. Well, she did it. I had to wait, a little over an hour, but the fine for late reportingwas only TB 700 and not 2,000 as everywhere written. A very happy ending and I am more convinced than ever, that Thailand Elite is a great choice !!! This is fact! As it happened. All other here is not!

On 2/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will have to to MTT to do your report before doing the extension.

This, as I have proved 2 days ago, is TOTALLY WRONG. Please ignore !

1 minute ago, Chopinbkk said:

I was just stating the rules and the experiences of others.

You were lucky you got your extension without doing the report 1st.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1 hour ago, Chopinbkk said:

All this proves is that Thai immigration is a moving target with rules selectively applied based on mood. As Ubon Joe said and as is the usual Thai immigration rules state no extension will be granted without a current 90 day report being completed. Some have 90 day extensions intervals so they do both at the same time, but with 1 year extensions you are supposed to have it done within the 90 day window prior to your extension. I know this because I proved it (in my case) when I with my Elite visa went a few weeks ago. I was almost denied because the IA falsely believed I had not done the 90 day.

It seems like you got lucky and the IA was in a good mood. I think all your post proves is it is better to use the Thai Elite agent when doing this because Thai people prefer to work with other Thai's and are less likely to throw the book at them in the gilded halls of immigration. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Indeed I have an elite visa too and was told without 90 days and proof of adress reporting i would not get a visa. I had forgotten (could not do it because could not do a tm30) for a year paid 2000 did a t30 (am in other house) and done. 

But I was specifically told that you need to do the 90 day reporting.

There seems to be a confusing misunderstanding here and the wording as always is very important:

robblok talks about: "without 90 days report"

I talk about: "a delayed" - in my case 4 months - of renewing my 90 days report.

Luck, if you have forgotten to do your 90 days report and go with Thailand El. has NOTHING TO DO WITH  IT!
Before I went, I asked the people from Thailand El., if my delayed 90 days report would cause me any problems and received a firm NO.
They knew and were certain what they talked about. 
O.K., for me the subject is now closed. I learnt my lesson and shall never forget my 90 day report again. I live only 2 km away from the Th. El. office on Sathorn Rd. and only have to drop off my passport there next time for them to do it all for me. THE END. 

Archived