Inter provincial travel restrictions.

Bangyai

Looking at Thai news sites it seems that from the 31st of January there will be an easing of inter provincial travel restrictions particularly travel to the 5 red zone provinces.  There has apparently been a requirement to show proof of reason to travel to these 5 provinces  which has to be shown at checkpoints.

I have to take the wife to her Dentist in Bangkok on the 4th of February for an urgent appointment. Won't be staying the night but will be traveling down from Petchabun and returning the same day.

We don't have anything in writing about the dental appointment. Has anybody recently traveled to Bangkok and passed through any checkpoints. If so, what were they checking or asking for.

Wife is pretty blase about it but wont be happy if she has to pay any fines

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

from Hua Hin nothing at all. friends go all the time. 

Thanks. I hope it will be as easy. However, been stopped at police checkpoints several times on route 21, even pre covid. They do like their bit of grease on that road. Hence the caution.

• Like 2

I see some provinces have 14 quarantine for arrivals from Bangkok.  

I'm in Chonburi at present, but since Utapao has almost no flights at present, I'd need to fly out of BKK or DMK.  I presume that would be counted as arriving from Bangkok ?

4 hours ago, jaizan said:

I see some provinces have 14 quarantine for arrivals from Bangkok.  

I'm in Chonburi at present, but since Utapao has almost no flights at present, I'd need to fly out of BKK or DMK.  I presume that would be counted as arriving from Bangkok ?

I think to phuket now can fly without quarantine. Hence I think to the other airports the same.

Possibly taking bus, train might have lighter rules than taking an airplane, as it's more difficult to control them.

The safest would be driving, you can even try to avoid roadblocks by taking different roads. Googlemaps will show you traffic congestion and take you on alternative routes. As a back up a paper from local authority, application and a good excuse to travel 

Edited by internationalism