Do I need to register a TM30 after quarantine?

I’m currently in my second week of quarantine at an ASQ hotel in Bangkok and I’m not sure if I need to register a TM 30 at CW immigration office. I made my first, and only, TM30 in August 2019, I spent most of 2020 in England because of the pandemic and have just returned to Thailand. I don’t know if the ASQ hotel reports my presence via a TM30, either. I’m not sure if any changes have been made to this while I have been away. 

Do I need to register a TM30 when I complete my time in the quarantine hotel? 
Can I do this online, by post or in person?

What documents do I need to provide?

Thank you for any help and advice,

David 

13 minutes ago, diglat said:

Do I need to register a TM30 when I complete my time in the quarantine hotel?

From my understanding the TM30 is now only if you change address, Joe and the others will be along shortly to confirm.

Thanks for responding 4MyEgo, if that is the case I should be ok as I am returning to the same address I registered at back in 2019, which is my own condo. 

It would be good if Joe or someone who knows for sure could confirm this just so I don’t mess it up and get myself in trouble. 

Cheers, 

Two possibilities:

1 - You entered Thailand on a Re-Entry Permit from the still valid permission to stay based on your earlier Non Imm O or O-A Visa. 

> In that case the TM-30 you filed at the local IO (before leaving Thailand) as 'official address for Immigration purposes' and on the basis of which you subsequently filed 90-day reports to confirm that that address is still your 'official address', is still valid.  And hence you don't have to do anything.

2 - You entered Thailand with a new Visa.

> In that case you will need to notify your local IO of the address you will be staying long-term in Thailand, and which will be your 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  This can be done by registering the house where you will be staying on the IO TM-30 website (you will need a copy of the blue-book and signed copy of ID-card of the owner of the premisses to do this).

You can then yourself (or on behalf of the owner) notify your local IO on that IO TM-30 website that a foreigner (i.e. yourself) is staying at the premisses by filing a TM-30.

>> Note: Obviously you can also file a TM-30 of the address where you will be staying long-term in Thailand, in person at your local IO.

### - The TM-30 filed by the Hotel/guesthouse you are staying, does NOT make that Hotel/Guesthouse your 'official address for Immigration purposes' when you will be staying in Thailand on a Non Imm O or O-A Visa.  That Hotel TM-30 notification is just a means by which Thai Immigration track the wherabouts of foreigners in the country.

>> I did PM you a Guideline on how to register on that IO TM-30 website and subsequently file a TM-30 of any foreigner staying at the premisses.

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Thank you, Peter. That is great information and really well put. I fall firmly in scenario No.1, as I am returning to the same address, my own condo, with a Re-Entry Permit on a Non-Imm O visa. 

I will read through the PM message you have sent me. You also helped me with advice when I was making preparations for my return to Thailand, so many, many thanks to you. I really appreciate it. 

Cheers, David 

1 hour ago, gordyg422 said:

I live in Nakhon Phanom province and immigration there have told me and my wife that every time I enter I need to register ????

According to Thai law, the house-master, owner or possessor of the place where you are staying (which can be yourself, your wife/girlfriend, landlord or manager of Hotel/Guesthouse) needs to notify the local IO within 24 hours when a foreigner arrives at the premises.

The property can be a hotel, guesthouse, rental condo, friend's house, own place, etc.

However, since 30 June 2020 that notification needs to be done only ONCE for the main place where you as foreigner are staying, as the filed TM30 will stay valid as long as the foreigner's permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when using a Re-Entry Permit).  

See attachment  TM30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020

>> So your Nakhon Phanom IO seems not to be aware that the regulation has changed since 30 June last year, and there is no need anymore to file a TM-30 of you returning to the place that is 'your official address for Immigration purposes'.

Now, if Nakhon Phanom IO, chooses to ignore that nationwide regulation, there is very little you can do (except pointing their attention to that changed regulation).  And in that case it would make sense to register the place of your official address on the IO TM-30 website, as that will allow you to file a TM-30 notification to your local IO on-line when returning to your home-address from an inter-provincial or international trip.  Once it has been set-up, it is a matter of 5 minutes to file such TM-30 notifications on-line, which is obviously better than having to visit your local IO to file the TM-30 in person there. 

TM30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020.pdf

1 hour ago, gordyg422 said:

I live in Nakhon Phanom province and immigration there have told me and my wife that every time I enter I need to register ????

That is not required now unless you are entering with new visa. If you have re-entry permit or multiple entry visa they have not been required since June 30th of 2020.

Hi All, I have a similar question.

I'm currently in quarantine and entering on a new visa, I will be in Bangkok with friends 2 extra nights after quarantine before heading back to Chiang Mai which is my permanent place if stay.

Can I do the TM30 for my Chiang Mai address the day I leave quarantine,  or can it wait 3 days until I actually get back to Chiang Mai? What is the best way to do it? Knowing that my friends here won't be able to register me, do I risk a fine for the 3 days until I get to Chiang Mai if not registered somewhere in between?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Jack Muller said:

I'm currently in quarantine and entering on a new visa, I will be in Bangkok with friends 2 extra nights after quarantine before heading back to Chiang Mai which is my permanent place if stay.

Can I do the TM30 for my Chiang Mai address the day I leave quarantine,  or can it wait 3 days until I actually get back to Chiang Mai? What is the best way to do it? Knowing that my friends here won't be able to register me, do I risk a fine for the 3 days until I get to Chiang Mai if not registered somewhere in between?

Hi,

I copy-pasted part of my earlier post that is applicable for you, and made some amendments for your situation/questions.

>> You entered Thailand with a new Visa.

In that case you will need to notify your local Chiang-Mai IO of the permanent address in their province where you will be staying long-term in Thailand, that will be your 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  This can be done by registering the house where you will be staying on the IO TM-30 website (you will need a copy of the blue-book and signed copy of ID-card of the owner of the premisses to do this).

You can then yourself (or on behalf of the owner) notify your local IO on that IO TM-30 website that a foreigner (i.e. yourself) is staying at the premisses by filing a TM-30.

>> Note: Obviously you can also file a TM-30 of the address where you will be staying long-term in Thailand, in person at the Chiang-Mai IO.

No problem waiting a couple of days and not doing it immediately, when IO ask when you arrived just tell them 'the day before' as they will have no way of checking this.

### - The TM-30 filed by the Hotel/guesthouse you are staying, does NOT make that Hotel/Guesthouse your 'official address for Immigration purposes' when you will be staying in Thailand on a Non Imm O or O-A Visa.  That Hotel TM-30 notification is just a means by which Thai Immigration track the wherabouts of foreigners in the country.

>> I did PM you a Guideline on how to register on that IO TM-30 website and subsequently file a TM-30 of any foreigner staying at the premisses.

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

19 minutes ago, Jack Muller said:

I assume you'll fly from Bangkok to CM and have a flight ticket with date!

Just file a TM30 at CM within 24 hours of arriving at your residence there.

If they ask about the missing days since you left quarantine, say you stayed at a small hotel for a couple of days in Bangkok, not your responsibility if they didn't file a TM30.

You'll have a ticket to prove when you arrived in CM.   :whistling:

On 2/4/2021 at 5:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is not required now unless you are entering with new visa. If you have re-entry permit or multiple entry visa they have not been required since June 30th of 2020.

That's what I thought but I was stopped at a check point by immigration police on New years Eve and I didn't have my passport on me just my DL so I was told to report to immigration on New year's Day which I did. There was 1 official on duty and he kindly filled out the form and then registered on the 3rd and he reiterated to my wife that this has to be done every time I come home ????

2 minutes ago, gordyg422 said:

That's what I thought but I was stopped at a check point by immigration police on New years Eve and I didn't have my passport on me just my DL so I was told to report to immigration on New year's Day which I did. There was 1 official on duty and he kindly filled out the form and then registered on the 3rd and he reiterated to my wife that this has to be done every time I come home ????

The IO was wrong with his advice.

Perhaps he hasn't read or been made aware of the Immigrations new regulations regarding filing a TM30 issued on 5th June 2020, to be effective from 30th June 2020.

@Peter Denis has posted the regulation in pdf format a few posts previous to this.

I suggest you download it and on the next occasion present it to the IO.

Thank you very much for your replies,

Yes I will just ignore the two nights in Bangkok and register first thing in Chiang Mai and use the ticket if I need to prove the arrival date. I was thinking to register myself in Chiang Mai a couple of days in advance to get around this but we aren't allowed to do that apparently. Cheers

2 hours ago, Jack Muller said:

Thank you very much for your replies,

Yes I will just ignore the two nights in Bangkok and register first thing in Chiang Mai and use the ticket if I need to prove the arrival date. I was thinking to register myself in Chiang Mai a couple of days in advance to get around this but we aren't allowed to do that apparently. Cheers

So you will go to Chiang-Mai IO in person to file the TM-30 of your intent to stay long-term in that province and the address where you are staying becoming your 'official address for Immigration purposes', which you will then need to confirm every 3 months by filing 90-day reports.

> As an alternative, I would recommend you do read the Guideline document I did sent you, which outlines the process on how to register the premisses you will be staying in Chiang-Mai on the IO TM-30 website.  That will then allow you to file a TM-30 of any foreigner (yourself in first instance of course) staying at the premisses. Doing so you would not have to go in person to Chiang-Mai IO for the TM-30 filing.

In order to register the premisses on the IO TM-30 you only need a signed copy of the blue-book and a signed front-back copy of the ID-card of the owner.  And this can be done anytime, and will take between 5 minutes and 5 working days for approval.  Once in Chiang-Mai you can then file the TM-30 on-line of you staying there.

22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

So you will go to Chiang-Mai IO in person to file the TM-30 of your intent to stay long-term in that province and the address where you are staying becoming your 'official address for Immigration purposes', which you will then need to confirm every 3 months by filing 90-day reports.

> As an alternative, I would recommend you do read the Guideline document I did sent you, which outlines the process on how to register the premisses you will be staying in Chiang-Mai on the IO TM-30 website.  That will then allow you to file a TM-30 of any foreigner (yourself in first instance of course) staying at the premisses. Doing so you would not have to go in person to Chiang-Mai IO for the TM-30 filing.

In order to register the premisses on the IO TM-30 you only need a signed copy of the blue-book and a signed front-back copy of the ID-card of the owner.  And this can be done anytime, and will take between 5 minutes and 5 working days for approval.  Once in Chiang-Mai you can then file the TM-30 on-line of you staying there.

Yes thanks, my wife has already registered our condo on the IO TM-30 website a couple years ago for when we rented it out to foreigners but we don't stay there,  we are actually renting a room in an apartment building in Chiang Mai so the landlord will be able to register me there this time. 

1 hour ago, Jack Muller said:

Yes thanks, my wife has already registered our condo on the IO TM-30 website a couple years ago for when we rented it out to foreigners but we don't stay there,  we are actually renting a room in an apartment building in Chiang Mai so the landlord will be able to register me there this time. 

If your landlord did not register the room in the appartment building where you are living on the IO TM-30 website, you could do it on his behalf (as mentioned earlier you would then only need a copy of the blue-book of that appartment room and a signed front-back copy of the owner's Thai ID-card).

If the landlord is unwilling to do it, you could alternatively also do it yourself as tenant of the premisses.  You passport ID-page and a copy of the rental contract would be required to do that.

Archived