Obtaining a visa when the Thai embassy in your country is closed

Hey guys. I am hoping some of you could help me. The thai embassy in Ireland is shut right now and has been for almost a year. It probably wont be opening anytime soon. I want to apply for a Special Tourist Visa but am unsure how to start the process. Should I contact the embassy in another country? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? UK is shut to tourists so I am considering going to Dubai and going through the Thai embassy there. Has anyone here any experience of using the thai embassy there...Has anyone else sorted this visa from a country in which they are not a passport holder??

Using the UK as an example, you apply online and upload copies of your documentation. Once your visa is approved, you post your passport to the Thai Embassy in London using Royal Mail Special Delivery and include a Special Delivery return envelope. The Thai Embassy then return your passport to you using the Special Delivery envelope you sent them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ryan0101 said:

The thai embassy in Ireland is shut right now and has been for almost a year.

That is honorary Thai consulate. You have to everything through the embassy in London.

Look at the page and the links on it for info.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

As previously stated, as the Thai consulate is closed in Dublin all applications from Ireland are handled through the Embassy in London. Allow  LOTS!! of time to process application. Be especially vigilant when sending return envelope and postage!!! London embassy sent my passport back(to Ireland) via a domestic next day service !!  even though I had paid for registered international post!!  so passport was lost in the postal system for 2 weeks!!! Luckily arrived at my home (late)..unfranked...not registered. Had to re-apply for COE... quarantine flights etc!!