Permanent Residence Visa Renewal Hua Hin?

I have my PR and  have always renewed my  visa in Bangkok. I now live permanently in Prachuap Khirikhan. I guess I would be able to renew my visa in Hua Hin this year. Grateful if anyone in a similar situation could share some experience of the process: Is it possible? Can forms be downloaded beforehand, how many days would one have to be in Hua Hin to get this done.... ????????????

You can do it at any immigration office. But some offices may not be familiar with the procedure.

You will need to change your red book to a police station where you will be living first.

Forms can be downloaded here but the site is in Thai (Google translate works on it).

https://bangkokimmigration.com/download/#1600661026544-bb59877a-81fa

Thank you very much for the reassurance. I am already registered with the local police. I guess (and hope) that the main immigration office in HuaHin will be familiar with the procedure. Thanks too for the link. ????????????

On 2/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, Monmichel said:

I have my PR and  have always renewed my  visa in Bangkok. I now live permanently in Prachuap Khirikhan. I guess I would be able to renew my visa in Hua Hin this year. Grateful if anyone in a similar situation could share some experience of the process: Is it possible? Can forms be downloaded beforehand, how many days would one have to be in Hua Hin to get this done.... ????????????

since when you have to renew a retirement Visa? The Visa is for life. The only thing you need to do is to renew your alien registration book every five years with the local police

On 2/4/2021 at 7:10 PM, Monmichel said:

"I have my PR and  have always renewed my  visa in Bangkok"

PR is permanent, for lifetime, it doesn't need any renewal ever.

Perhaps you mean 'exit and re-entry' stamp.

Again, an 'exit and re-entry' stamp doesn't need annual renewal.

You only need an exit and re-entry stamp when you have a plan to go for a holiday/attend to business abroad etc.

It's your choice to get a 'single exit and re-entry' stamp (one out and in trip), and the trip out can be started up to one year after the stamps are placed in the passport and the Certificate of Residence books.

Or, you can ask for a 'multiple exit and re-entry' stamp, can be used for unlimited trips for one year after the date the  stamps are placed in the passport and Certificate of Residence books.  

Plenty of PR holders haven't had an 'exit and re-entry' stamp put in their passport and Certificate of Residence books for years, because they didn't need/want to leave Thailand for years.

The 'exit and re-entry' stamps can be done at any Thai Immigration office. 

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

"I have my PR and  have always renewed my  visa in Bangkok"

PR is permanent, for lifetime, it doesn't need any renewal ever.

Perhaps you mean 'exit and re-entry' stamp.

Again, an 'exit and re-entry' stamp doesn't need annual renewal.

You only need an exit and re-entry stamp when you have a plan to go for a holiday/attend to business abroad etc.

It's your choice to get a 'single exit and re-entry' stamp (one out and in trip), and the trip out can be started up to one year after the stamps are placed in the passport and the Certificate of Residence books.

Or, you can ask for a 'multiple exit and re-entry' stamp, can be used for unlimited trips for one year after the date the  stamps are placed in the passport and Certificate of Residence books.  

Plenty of PR holders haven't had an 'exit and re-entry' stamp put in their passport and Certificate of Residence books for years, because they didn't need/want to leave Thailand for years.

The 'exit and re-entry' stamps can be done at any Thai Immigration office. 

Above I wrote:

"... It's your choice to get a 'single exit and re-entry' stamp (one out and in trip), and the trip out can be started up to one year after the stamps are placed in the passport and the Certificate of Residence books.

Or, you can ask for a 'multiple exit and re-entry' stamp, can be used for unlimited trips for one year after the date the  stamps are placed in the passport and Certificate of Residence books."

The information above is not complete and I need to add more/explain better: 

It's your choice to get a 'single exit and re-entry', or a 'multiple exit/re-entry stamp.

Single exit and re-entry is obviously one trip out and return to Thailand for the lifetime of the stamps (lifetime is exactly 12 months from date of issue of the stamp).

Multiple means can exit and re-enter many times with no limit on total number of trips for the lifetime of the stamps (lifetime is exactly 12 months from date of issue of the stamp).

Note that the trip(s) above can be started anytime after the stamp is placed in the PR holders passport and Certificate of residence, and must be completed by the expiry date of the stamp. The expiry date is 12 months from the issue date of the stamp.

Both the single and multiple exit/re-entry stamps can be obtained at any time (it's not necessary to get these stamps on the anniversary date of being granted PR and not necessary to be aligned to previous exit/re-entry stamp issue dates. 

If you have no trip(s) abroad planned there is no need to get an exit/re-entry stamp. Wait until you have a trip planned or until you will need multiple trips within the next 12 months. 

PR exit/re-entry stamps can be obtained at any immigration office in Thailand and can be obtained at swampy* airport just before going to the passport desks to start a trip.

*Maybe available at other airports, I'm not sure about that. 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to making me a better informed PR Holder ????????????????????????. I now realize that for so many years I have been referring incorrectly to 'visa' when I should have been using 'exit and re-entry stamp'. This is my first year as a 'retiree' and having been spoiled by a large company which helped me get my 'visas' renewed each year, I never got to know the ins and outs of these renewal arrangements. Now under COVID there won't be any o/s travel so for the first year, thanks to your explanations above,  I will be an 'exit and re-entry stampLESS' alien!

Again, many thanks

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

PR exit/re-entry stamps can be obtained at any immigration office in Thailand and can be obtained at swampy* airport just before going to the passport desks to start a trip.

*Maybe available at other airports, I'm not sure about that. 

Does anyone have first-hand experience in getting the necessary endorsement for the residence certificate at the airport? I understand this can't be done at the airport. Thus I would caution against relying on immigration at the airport for all necessary  re-entry documentation for PR holders.

I would be very pleased to be corrected on this if I am wrong.

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

PR exit/re-entry stamps .... can be obtained at swampy* airport just before going to the passport desks to start a trip

Well there you go.I never knew that so thanks Scorecard for that info.

Still I don't think I will avail myself of that option whenever the time comes.From my viewpoint too much potential for stress and unpredictable delay.Will continue to get fixed up well in advance of travel at CW in tried and tested way.

6 hours ago, jayboy said:

Well there you go.I never knew that so thanks Scorecard for that info.

Still I don't think I will avail myself of that option whenever the time comes.From my viewpoint too much potential for stress and unpredictable delay.Will continue to get fixed up well in advance of travel at CW in tried and tested way.

Agree, in my view it's way too risky to wait and try for the exit/re-entry stamps at the airport. Plus over the years there have been a couple of reports of that desk being closed. 

Reality is that the stamp can be obtained at any mainstream immigration office. I've got the stamp at CW, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, and a temp. Imm. office at Map Ta Phut (since closed).   

Archived