Advice on Steps to move from Dependent Non-O Retirement to Independent Non-O Retirement

Appreciate any helpful advice on changing my spouse's dependent status on my Non-O retirement to having her own Non-O retirement visa/extension.   

We're both US citizens having retired in Thailand for several years and having had gone thru multiple Non-O retirement extensions at Chaengwattana too. Our next extension renewal is in four months. We're considering moving my wife to her own Non-O visa (no longer as a dependent on mine) largely to provide her flexibility to readily stay in-country should something happen to me.  Our questions are what are the steps and/or considerations to move her to her own independent Non-O retirement status.   We are aware of the requirement to have a min 800k THB balance in her own local bank account at least three months prior to application (she wouldn't qualify for the 65k monthly).   We do not know though if she needs to repeat her non-Imm Visa application (same as four years ago for our initial application) and, if so, does that still have to be sought offshore vs locally.  Hopefully achieving the above can be straightfoward ... or we may just renew this next time with her again as a dependent.  Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

She change the reason for her extension from being a member of your family to retirement without a problem.

She will need 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the day she applies for the new extension. She will need to keep the 800k in the bank for 3 months after the day she applies and then 400k baht until her account is topped up to 800k baht for the next extension.

No need to get a new non-o visa to do the change.

• Like 1