Best Mercedes dealer in Bangkok?

ctxa

So essentially a Chinese friend of mine who doesn't speak much English is looking to buy the new S-Class here in Bangkok (2021 Model / W223), and so I am helping him with visiting the dealers and getting the offers. 

Now, the only Mercedes dealer that I know of in Bangkok is Benz Star Flag, however after how bad they have treated me in multiple occasions when I've taken my E-Class there for maintenance and repairs. The last thing I would like to do is bring them a sale of close to 8 million Baht. 

Does anyone have a positive impression of any other dealer than Star Flag?

Edited by ctxa

The Bangkok International Motor Show is planned for 24th March but not confirmed as far as I can see. I didn't know that the New S class was available in Thailand yet. I think that it is a real shame that Thailand does not make available the SWB version. The LWB is quite a big car ... I think the idea here is that you don't do the driving or not often anyway.

BKK have two branches and are okay. I like Keng Hong Thong, I haven't bought anything from them, but as far as I'm concerned they are great when your car changes to undriveable. Hopefully the W223 will come fully sorted ............ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure about other areas but I bought a couple of Benzes at Rama III and Rama IV. Sales experience for both was similar but the after-sales service at Rama IV was far better. In fact that's what made me buy my next car there- I was given the run-around at Rama III and Rama IV addressed the issues so quickly that I decided if my next car was a Benz I'd get it there. Level of English is good there too. Only downside is their service area can get very busy so it's best to make an appointment.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, ctxa said:

So essentially a Chinese friend of mine who doesn't speak much English is looking to buy the new S-Class here in Bangkok (2021 Model / W223), and so I am helping him with visiting the dealers and getting the offers. 

Now, the only Mercedes dealer that I know of in Bangkok is Benz Star Flag, however after how bad they have treated me in multiple occasions when I've taken my E-Class there for maintenance and repairs. The last thing I would like to do is bring them a sale of close to 8 million Baht. 

Does anyone have a positive impression of any other dealer than Star Flag?

I've used Benz Star Flag, Benz Taling Chan, and will be trying others too. I will let you know when I have one to recommend.

W223 isn't out yet in Thailand btw.

Thong Lor are a good bunch, I also like the one at the intersection of Pattanakarn/Sri-Nakarin.

But Thong Lor gave us the best discounts!

As someone mentioned, the Motor Show is coming up & they always send us free Motor Show tickets, that is the best place to buy one and all Benz dealers will have staff there. They may also call you about Motor Show discounts, so you can get them without going to the Motor Show. We seem to be on that list. 

I'd say that Thong Lor can't be beat if you are staying downtown.

Note - I also got a car from a Benz dealer out on Sukhumvit, not far from Bearing BTS - they were cool but it's too far from where we live.

Edited by pedro01