China takes aim again at BBC as dispute with Britain intensifies

rooster59

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

For many years in various social media, blogs, letters in MSM etc. I have seen many complaints of BBC bias coming in equal measure from both the far right and the far left.

Which indicates to me that they're probably not biased at all.

The usual extremist viewpoint being; "I disagree with what you say; therefore you are biased!" Coupled with "I agree with you on this occasion, so you're not biased about this subject."

I was just upset with them over what has become of DR WHO .  But surely you recognised they were at times very biased for a time concerning the Brexit drama. 

17 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I was just upset with them over what has become of DR WHO

Spoiler alert!!!!

Scroll down past this post to avoid them.

Should you wish to avoid the spoilers, I'll respond to the other, and main, point of your post separately.

What upset you?

A female Doctor?

Two female Doctors, actually, due to the introduction in "Fugitive of the Judoon of Ruth Clayton, a character revealed to be a previously unseen incarnation of the Doctor?

That Bradley Walsh (Graham) and Tosin Cole (Ryan) have left?

That Captain Jack's brief return in "Fugitive of the Judoon" and central role in the New Year special "Revolution of the Daleks" are unlikely to be repeated?

That Jodie Whittaker may be leaving at the end of the next series?

That the pandemic meant filming for series 13 of the revival (series 39 in total) was delayed, the series has been reduced from an originally planned eleven episodes to eight, won't be on screens until later than planned?

Edited by 7by7
Spoiler alert added.

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Spoiler alert!!!!

Scroll down past this post to avoid them.

Should you wish to avoid the spoilers, I'll respond to the other, and main, point of your post separately.

What upset you?

A female Doctor?

Two female Doctors, actually, due to the introduction in "Fugitive of the Judoon of Ruth Clayton, a character revealed to be a previously unseen incarnation of the Doctor?

That Bradley Walsh (Graham) and Tosin Cole (Ryan) have left?

That Captain Jack's brief return in "Fugitive of the Judoon" and central role in the New Year special "Revolution of the Daleks" are unlikely to be repeated?

That Jodie Whittaker may be leaving at the end of the next series?

That the pandemic meant filming for series 13 of the revival (series 39 in total) was delayed, the series has been reduced from an originally planned eleven episodes to eight, won't be on screens until later than planned?

They lost their way pushing the usual agenda imo. The writing hasn’t been great for a long while even before the female Doctor ( which is fine btw).  They need to get back to basics . 

• Like 1

@goldenbrwn1, no idea what you mean by "the usual agenda."

I grew up with Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee and, imho the best of all, Baker and preferred the lengthier and more developed storylines of the serial format of the classic era. I sometimes find that the single episode format makes things rather rushed.

However, there have been some excellent ones in the new era, too. Especially where the story is spread over two or more episodes. I'm thinking in particular of series 6 with The Silence and anything with Missy in; especially the two part "The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar."

But we all have our own taste.

As for this actual topic; is Doctor Who shown in China? Yes.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:33 AM, Banana7 said:

Smart move on the food.

China has very little food quality or safety inspection. Most of the soil in China is heavily contaminated with different toxic material and heavy metals. They also apply all sorts of home brewed fertilizers and weed killers, to speed-up growing and increase the size of fruits and vegetables. These toxins, fertilizers and metals get absorbed by the plants and their fruits. Consequently the buyer also consumes these dangerous extra bits. Garlic and carrots are 2 of the worst ones. Buyer beware!

It is shocking!

http://www.livingtosmile.com/on-the-radar-10-dangerous-foods-from-china/

On 2/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, 2530Ubon said:

"Seriously violated" seems to be the phrase they use every time. I think there are over a million Uighers who would say they have been seriously violated in China... but the CCP only denies it's happening. They're training camps. Pretty sure Hitler said something similar about his concentration camps.

agree with your assessment of how these folks are being treated. But don't give Hitler all the credit for the camps -

The British Army created the concentration camps as part of a campaign against Boer guerrillas fighting against the takeover of their independent republic. Civilians were herded into the camps from their farms, but the insanitary conditions cost many their lives as hunger and disease ran rampant.Dec. 8, 2001

Oh gawd, someone mentioned Dr Who and now the anoraks are out.

As to the BBC, no sympathy. Its leftist bias in its news reporting is appalling. The news department needs dismantling and rebuilding from the bottom up.

As to China, watch out: they are a century late, but they are now going through Europe's imperialist stage of the early 20th century. They are pushing for territorial expansion.

I'll do without, pay double and look for alternate items.  No more china <deleted> for me as much as I can.  China has proven they simply cannot be trusted.  Hope the rest of the world takes the Chinese Communist Party to account in every way possible. 

• Like 1