China takes aim again at BBC as dispute with Britain intensifies

rooster59

China - just like the persistently upset neighbour that gets under everybody's skin. Perhaps a good long look in the mirror may be of assistance.

Poking many countries in the eye, bullying lots more, and using money to get small friends will not lead to China's 'best life'.

I hope they pay attention to this response. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worry we can't wean ourselves off cheap Chinese products or components used in local products.  I worry we don't have intelligent workers who could actually work 45 hours a week doing mundane tasks.   And we currently see there is no support for a increase in the minimum wage.   Company owners are spoiled from making so much money the last 20 years they don't want to share it with the workers.  I even have a neighbor who worked in the oil industry as a platform flunkie who was stationed in some expat community in China.   He lost his job a few years ago and is in early retirement.  He and his wife are fanboys of China.  He won't hear any of the negative things I have to say. 

• Like 1

China has slapped tariffs on Australian wine and barley exporters. Restrictions on coal, lobsters, timber, red meat and cotton exports from Down Under have also been placed. China has not introduced any restrictions on Australia's biggest export to the country: Iron ore

I used to watch BBC's Hard Talk but stopped after this awfully biased interview with a Hong Kong official in which he was lectured on democracy for the people of Hong Kong, totally ignoring the fact that Britain had 100 years to implement democracy in Hong Kong and now is wailing about the lack of it, totally ignoring the fact that Hong-Kong today has more of democracy than the occupier ever had granted. MSM = BBC sucks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

Not to worry,tell <deleted> Wenban soon all the children in China will be brainwashed into thinking all the west is bad and only China matters, they are going to start teaching 6 year olds to 'Hate'.in Hong Kong and no doubt the whole of China.

They've been doing that for many years haven't they? China has been known for being hugely racist for a VERY long time...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

Not to worry,tell <deleted> Wenban soon all the children in China will be brainwashed into thinking all the west is bad and only China matters, they are going to start teaching 6 year olds to 'Hate'.in Hong Kong and no doubt the whole of China.

New job for Trump...China first....Wei to go!!!

Edited by SunsetT

On 2/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, goldenbrwn1 said:

At last something decent done by the beeb .

For many years in various social media, blogs, letters in MSM etc. I have seen many complaints of BBC bias coming in equal measure from both the far right and the far left.

Which indicates to me that they're probably not biased at all.

The usual extremist viewpoint being; "I disagree with what you say; therefore you are biased!" Coupled with "I agree with you on this occasion, so you're not biased about this subject."

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, JimHuaHin said:

I do the same, but with respect to food.  My local supermarket has a lot of fresh and frozen foods made in China, most of it half the price of local foods or other imported foods.  And like you, if it is made in China, I am not buying it,  and I am willing to pay more for the non-China-made product.

Smart move on the food.

China has very little food quality or safety inspection. Most of the soil in China is heavily contaminated with different toxic material and heavy metals. They also apply all sorts of home brewed fertilizers and weed killers, to speed-up growing and increase the size of fruits and vegetables. These toxins, fertilizers and metals get absorbed by the plants and their fruits. Consequently the buyer also consumes these dangerous extra bits. Garlic and carrots are 2 of the worst ones. Buyer beware!

• Like 1