Alcohol drinking games, office parties, sharing utensils, no masks all blamed for spike in Bangkok Covid cases

rooster59

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Strange only aliens get Covid... Thai people are infected by foreigners .. so was on that party and did these stupid things?? I think it is a bs story..just to justify alcohol ban, parties and gatherings...If there is real mass testing and real figures everything would be much different. I know in my place at least 4 covid patients who are never mentioned because the authorities told everyone to keep quiet about it... bad for the image...so what is real?

Thailand, people are the land of smiles, officials are the land of BS.

10 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Get on with it! MASS TESTING NOW! There is zero testing in Bangkok and ~762 Covid+ since December 15. This is NOT going to just disappear!

You're right, Covid will be around for years.  Who do suggest should be tested?  Most people who get will be asymptomatic or just have mild symptoms.  Locking down isn't the answer, and causes more long-term harm than the virus.

• Like 2

It must have been the alchohol that infected them at the party!   Hmmm  Very small parties where at least 1 person had to already have covid to infect the others.  Meaning somewhere around 10% of the people at these small parties had covid.  Extrapolate that out and we have the potential that 10% of the people in Bangkok have covid.  Maybe some random mass testing IS in order to see how bad it really is!

Yup I agree, drinking alcohol is a serious past time, and gets many people into trouble.

Bad things happen to people who drink too much. Some lose their money, some their

keys, some their brand new car arrives home with multiple dints and scratches that

cannot be explained. etc.   Be careful out there.

Geezer

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yup I agree, drinking alcohol is a serious past time, and gets many people into trouble.

Bad things happen to people who drink too much. Some lose their money, some their

keys, some their brand new car arrives home with multiple dints and scratches that

cannot be explained. etc.   Be careful out there.

Geezer

Well it all depends on the person, I've been drinking alcohol all my life ( I know it is not good for me )

but what is? I am 73 now going on to 74 never had any problems with the law ,never drink and drive 

never assaulted or killed anybody just have a few glasses of wine at home at night. I did go to night

clubs in my younger years but very seldom. All my years in Thailand I never went to a bar.

(sorry I am lying) I had 1 beer in a beer bar in Pattaya last year in November. So it it not just the 

alcohol, it depends on the persons mentality.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Didn't DPM Anuntin say just yesterday that the latest Covid-19 infections were not the fault of the Thai people?

If he did, he would have been right, it is not the fault of the Thai people, apart from the unelected "PM", and the people responsible for bringing in the Burmese for brown envelopes, and without quarantine.