Is there life outside my gate?

colinneil

On 2/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, colinneil said:

Not been outside my gate since 12th of December, covid being 1 reason.

So last week decided to go outside, got over to the winch, hooked up, ohh s++t damn thing is not working.

So later  got a friend ( member on here ) to put up the spare winch, tested it, ok its working.

Couple of days later got organized to go out again, hooked up, holy hell winch is not working, stuck again.

Got the wife take the first broken winch to get fixed, 2 days later she brings the winch home, my Irish friend visited me, hey mate can you put up the winch for me, no problem, tried the switch, its working.

So yesterday i am going out today, get hooked up, soon as the weight got on the cable, winch stopped working, my language was shocking.

When i studied the winch, i noticed that the winch drum was on the wrong way round, so cable not straight, safety had kicked in and stopped it working, so still not got out the gate.

The joys of being disabled, something that is a small problem to able bodied folk, is a major crisis for folk like me.

Yes I'm sure it is a major problem for you and I hope the next couple of days sees the winch problem solved. However, the way you write about is almost like it's just another day for you????. Take care

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Winch just been brought back, cable drum on the correct way.

Anybody fancy nipping round to put it up for me? Will make you a cuppa tea.????

If you were within "nip around" distance Colin I'd be more than happy to oblige.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Do you live in KK city? 

No mate 44 ks south, just outside Banphai.

I was joking about somebody nipping round to put up the winch.

We have builders coming here tomorrow, i will get 1 of them put it up.

Edited by colinneil

On 2/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, colinneil said:

Now that would be something, wife carrying me, i am about 90 kgs.

She does many things to help me, but i think that would be a bit too much even for her.

I think i will suggest it to her, just to see her reaction.:cheesy:

She may suggest a catapult as a viable alternative, at least to get you over the wall in the morning. Not sure how you would get back in but that would not be her problem. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Colin a rocket back pack attached to your chair might be useful.  You could also get a large drone and hook yourself under it and fly above all.  You are an inspiration to many on this forum, as you daily show your mental toughness in dealing with the issues you are faced with.

Image result for Super drone lifting a full wheelchairImage result for wheelchair with jetpack booster

Balloons? 

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

If you were within "nip around" distance Colin I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Likewise. But nipping across country is not as easy as North/South.

A mate in BKK wanted me to build a frame so he could hang and practise walking but that requires ceiling height he does not have.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:59 AM, bluesofa said:

Yes, I do remember. I think you need someone tall to lift the winch off.

Maybe a very tall katoey - apparently they're strong (so I've read, I hasten to add).

Keep smiling - and swearing - you know it makes sense.

With or without heels?

On 2/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, colinneil said:

So last week decided to go outside, got over to the winch, hooked up, ohh s++t damn thing is not working.

So later  got a friend ( member on here ) to put up the spare winch, tested it, ok its working.

Couple of days later got organized to go out again, hooked up, holy hell winch is not working, stuck again.

Got the wife take the first broken winch to get fixed, 2 days later she brings the winch home, my Irish friend visited me, hey mate can you put up the winch for me, no problem, tried the switch, its working.

So yesterday i am going out today, get hooked up, soon as the weight got on the cable, winch stopped working, my language was shocking.

When i studied the winch, i noticed that the winch drum was on the wrong way round, so cable not straight, safety had kicked in and stopped it working, so still not got out the gate.

The joys of being disabled, something that is a small problem to able bodied folk, is a major crisis for folk like me.

Winch for what?

Just now, Albaby said:

Winch for what?

Winch for what? Well  mate as you are a newbie you will be unaware of my situation.

I am paraplegic, unable to get on my bed or on my  mobility scooter without a winch to lift me.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, colinneil said:

Colin

Its just not you that gets frustrated with these kind of things in Thailand.

I am sure I speak for most of us when I say we all do, only to a much lesser degree.

Be strong fella, and dont let them grind you down. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Gate closed, winch not working... OK, we know you can't get out, but what about the wife?  You aren't having her climb the wall, are you?  

Living with me must drive her up the wall sometimes, here pass me this/ that, oh can you do this for me i cannot reach, that must drive her up the wall.????????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Living with me must drive her up the wall sometimes, here pass me this/ that, oh can you do this for me i cannot reach, that must drive her up the wall.????????????

Your wife clearly loves you Col, so I doubt it does.

• Like 2