TM 30

if any of the Mods know were i stand, have been stuck in Udon Thani for a few months

and i have searched the TV for any news on the TM 30 and whether it is needed?

i recall hearing it had been suspended a while ago but i cannot find any mention?

and as my landlord is working off shore ( he cannot return at present) and i got 

fined last year when trying to renew my permission to stay, even though it is not 

‎ my job to fill in these TM 30 forms ... if needed i will report to Jomtien and fill any ‎

forms that i have to, but i have already completed my extension of stay (due to

the immigration up here telling me i could not travel ?) not true.

i am only after a quiet retirement as i am 71 next birthday but the hoops keep getting

smaller and higher as i grow old, thanks for any advice on this matter,

18 hours ago, zoza said:

if any of the Mods know were i stand, have been stuck in Udon Thani for a few months

and i have searched the TV for any news on the TM 30 and whether it is needed?

i recall hearing it had been suspended a while ago but i cannot find any mention?

and as my landlord is working off shore ( he cannot return at present) and i got 

fined last year when trying to renew my permission to stay, even though it is not 

‎ my job to fill in these TM 30 forms ... if needed i will report to Jomtien and fill any ‎

forms that i have to, but i have already completed my extension of stay (due to

the immigration up here telling me i could not travel ?) not true.

i am only after a quiet retirement as i am 71 next birthday but the hoops keep getting

smaller and higher as i grow old, thanks for any advice on this matter,

I am not a moderator but since no one has answered. Once you register a TM 30 at one address you only need to register again if you change your address. If you go on a short holiday when you return to your registered address you do not need to report again. It is a bit confusing because you talk about being fined last year? I guess when you were fined at the time you did fill in a proper TM30 afterwards so if you did that will still be current. I was at Jomtien last week and I heard them telling the person before me that  an electricity bill in your name will  be accepted if you can't get your landlord's approval.  

22 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I am not a moderator but since no one has answered. Once you register a TM 30 at one address you only need to register again if you change your address. If you go on a short holiday when you return to your registered address you do not need to report again. It is a bit confusing because you talk about being fined last year? I guess when you were fined at the time you did fill in a proper TM30 afterwards so if you did that will still be current. I was at Jomtien last week and I heard them telling the person before me that  an electricity bill in your name will  be accepted if you can't get your landlord's approval.  

sorry lad i was instructed by a mod to post this question on this thread, not sure why

he never just replied to my query, so thanks for getting the bull by the horns.

bit of a long story, last year i was given a demonstration on how immigration can use

the rules as they see fit, (i dared to apply for a permission to stay based on Married visa)

so i got fined re TM 30, i went to visit family in November and was caught in the CO-vid 19

as the red zone restrictions were changing and altering every week, and i needed to renew

my permission to stay in Jomtien, so to get a clear answer on what the current rules were i went to immigration in Udon Thani and asked could i use my return ticket? ....silly boy ....

i was expecting a truthful answer.... for the '' it has never happened to me'' brigade + the

''i have all my paperwork correct'' and '' in 10 years have never had a problem ''

you have been very lucky and probably live a very boring life .. i have had three incidents in

18 years whether that is because i am lucky or unlucky i do not know,

am i boring ? at 70+ i think its your duty. cheers Wongkitlo. 

I got an extension to my STV in mid-January. I have never filled out a TM 30 for the 27 years that I have lived in Pattaya. I had to pay a fine of 1600 baht. Filled out a TM 30 for myself and had to hand in two signed photo-copies of the TM 30 with my extension application.

An acquaintance just finished getting a 1 year extension on their Elite visa. Had to hand over 2 signed copies of their recent TM 30 with the application.

Both cases were at Jomtien Immigration.

1 hour ago, zoza said:

sorry lad i was instructed by a mod to post this question on this thread, not sure why

he never just replied to my query, so thanks for getting the bull by the horns.

bit of a long story, last year i was given a demonstration on how immigration can use

the rules as they see fit, (i dared to apply for a permission to stay based on Married visa)

so i got fined re TM 30, i went to visit family in November and was caught in the CO-vid 19

as the red zone restrictions were changing and altering every week, and i needed to renew

my permission to stay in Jomtien, so to get a clear answer on what the current rules were i went to immigration in Udon Thani and asked could i use my return ticket? ....silly boy ....

i was expecting a truthful answer.... for the '' it has never happened to me'' brigade + the

''i have all my paperwork correct'' and '' in 10 years have never had a problem ''

you have been very lucky and probably live a very boring life .. i have had three incidents in

18 years whether that is because i am lucky or unlucky i do not know,

am i boring ? at 70+ i think its your duty. cheers Wongkitlo. 

They actually tried to fine me but my wife and I talked them out of it. I was in the queue and 4 people before me had to pay.  I was lucky due to circumstances. They seem to have changed the tm30 coming process a little as far as money raising goes. You can always  book into a hotel for a few days and get them to report you for tm30. The Aiyaree around the corner from Jomtien IO is cheap and nice if still open. Make sure at the hotel desk they will report you for TM 30 and ask if you can get a copy of the report. Go to immigration and tell them you are living at the hotel as you are a tourist and that should satisfy them with tm30.

54 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I got an extension to my STV in mid-January. I have never filled out a TM 30 for the 27 years that I have lived in Pattaya. I had to pay a fine of 1600 baht. Filled out a TM 30 for myself and had to hand in two signed photo-copies of the TM 30 with my extension application.

An acquaintance just finished getting a 1 year extension on their Elite visa. Had to hand over 2 signed copies of their recent TM 30 with the application.

Both cases were at Jomtien Immigration.

If you have a lease or own the property you can fill out yourself. The OP said his landlord is overseas..

Archived