testosterone replacement therapy — recommendations?

cocoonclub

Any recommendations for doctors/clinics/hospital to test for and potentially treat testosterone deficiency? Seems like all hospitals are offering it, plus certain “men’s health” clinics. Not sure if it’s something that would require a renowned hospital/doctor or I could go with a smaller clinic to save a bit. 

any ideas? 

whatever you do, dont take it without taking anastrol too,

and you could in fact start with just taking 1/2 anastrol pill twice a week just to prevent aromatization, it will end up with a bit higher testosterone and much needed reduction of waste products

• Like 2

You should tell us where you stay, then maybe somebody has a local recommendation for you.

Random doctors usually don't know much about this topic, so if you just go to some random hospital they might have no clue what they are doing. If on the other hand you go to some "men's clinic", it's usually just about selling you as much "treatment" as possible, even if not required. So you definitely need some luck to end up with the right person.

6 hours ago, scammed said:

whatever you do, dont take it without taking anastrol too,

and you could in fact start with just taking 1/2 anastrol pill twice a week just to prevent aromatization, it will end up with a bit higher testosterone and much needed reduction of waste products

You should stop giving potentially dangerous advice.

• Like 1

I did some online research into this recently (since I'm 81 and noticed a real drop in the past 2 years), and the message I got was only get into it under close doctor supervision over a stretch of time, and make sure that that doctor and hospital is qualified for this. I have Kaiser back in CA so have decided to wait till I'm there again. In the meantime I'll work on my general health, physical and mental--mental because part of what is going on could be from low grade depression resulting from the lockdowns and confinement, even if it's voluntary. 

But I appreciate any comments here.

35 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You should tell us where you stay, then maybe somebody has a local recommendation for you.

Random doctors usually don't know much about this topic, so if you just go to some random hospital they might have no clue what they are doing. If on the other hand you go to some "men's clinic", it's usually just about selling you as much "treatment" as possible, even if not required.

I’m in Bangkok. I actually don’t know if I need it; I want to get tested for it first. I’m not necessarily in the age that would normally require it I guess (I’m mid 30ies). I want to rule out that the symptoms I show are not caused by this (early hair loss; weak erections; not gaining much muscles when working out regularly; not much sperm when ejaculating; sometimes fatigued/low energy). I guess some/all of that can be caused by other things such as getting older or bad lifestyle, so I want to get tested first before taking anything.  

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Random doctors usually don't know much about this topic, so if you just go to some random hospital they might have no clue what they are doing. If on the other hand you go to some "men's clinic", it's usually just about selling you as much "treatment" as possible, even if not required. So you definitely need some luck to end up with the right person.

You should stop giving potentially dangerous advice.

its taking testosterone without any supplement that suppresses aromatization that is dangerous

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

I’m in Bangkok. I actually don’t know if I need it; I want to get tested for it first. I’m not necessarily in the age that would normally require it I guess (I’m mid 30ies). I want to rule out that the symptoms I show are not caused by this (early hair loss; weak erections; not gaining much muscles when working out regularly; not much sperm when ejaculating; sometimes fatigued/low energy). I guess some/all of that can be caused by other things such as getting older or bad lifestyle, so I want to get tested first before taking anything.  

There is no need to consult a doctor for this yet.

Here in Thailand we have clinics which do nothing else but blood tests which is the easiest and cheapest way to figure out if you have a problem or not.

I had this done for my testosterone in Chiang Mai at this clinic, costs 1500 THB for the relevant parameters, as shown here: https://cmflabchiangmai.com/en/products/382106-ตรวจฮอร์โมน-ฟรีเทสโทสเตอโรน-(free-testosterone)

I'm sure there are also such clinics in Bangkok, maybe somebody here can tell you where.

Important is that you not only get your total testosterone, but also the free testosterone, SHBG and albumin, these are the important markers.

After they have tested your blood you get a paper stating your results, together with "normal" reference ranges.

If your results are in the middle of these normal reference ranges your testosterone is normal, no need to pay a doctor to tell you this.

In case your values are out of the reference range, or at the low end of the reference range you should then consult a doctor who specializes in this, but as first step I recommend to just get the test done yourself.

By the way, increasing testosterone usually causes hair loss, so if you would increase your testosterone levels through TRT you would probably lose more hair.

2 hours ago, scammed said:

its taking testosterone without any supplement that suppresses aromatization that is dangerous

This thread is about TRT, not about a bodybuilding cycle. Most people on TRT don't need an AI, so if they listen to stupid advice like yours and self administer an AI they might even crash their Estrogen and feel like <deleted>. If somebody's Estrogen is too high due to TRT I'm sure their doctor would recommend an AI.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There is no need to consult a doctor for this yet.

Here in Thailand we have clinics which do nothing else but blood tests which is the easiest and cheapest way to figure out if you have a problem or not.

I had this done for my testosterone in Chiang Mai at this clinic, costs 1500 THB for the relevant parameters, as shown here: https://cmflabchiangmai.com/en/products/382106-ตรวจฮอร์โมน-ฟรีเทสโทสเตอโรน-(free-testosterone)

I'm sure there are also such clinics in Bangkok, maybe somebody here can tell you where.

Important is that you not only get your total testosterone, but also the free testosterone, SHBG and albumin, these are the important markers.

After they have tested your blood you get a paper stating your results, together with "normal" reference ranges.

If your results are in the middle of these normal reference ranges your testosterone is normal, no need to pay a doctor to tell you this.

In case your values are out of the reference range, or at the low end of the reference range you should then consult a doctor who specializes in this, but as first step I recommend to just get the test done yourself.

By the way, increasing testosterone usually causes hair loss, so if you would increase your testosterone levels through TRT you would probably lose more hair.

This thread is about TRT, not about a bodybuilding cycle. Most people on TRT don't need an AI, so if they listen to stupid advice like yours and self administer an AI they might even crash their Estrogen and feel like <deleted>. If somebody's Estrogen is too high due to TRT I'm sure their doctor would recommend an AI.

1/2 twice a week anastrol isnt going to crash any estrogen,

just prohibit the usual much too high estrogen

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jackdd said:

No issue with that, I’m pretty much bald already and like it. I just wrote it as I read that hair loss may be one symptom of low testosterone. 

Thanks for your detailed reply though. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, scammed said:

I've been having testosterone injected every three weeks for 16 years and no one has even mentioned taking an oestrogen-reducing medication to me, ever.  

I'm a bloke - why would I want to reduce oestrogen which is a female hormone?  And yes, I know it's present in males too, but in minute quantities.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

I've been having testosterone injected every three weeks for 16 years and no one has even mentioned taking an oestrogen-reducing medication to me, ever.  

I'm a bloke - why would I want to reduce oestrogen which is a female hormone?  And yes, I know it's present in males too, but in minute quantities.

no that is where you got it 180 degree wrong,

taking testosterone almost invariably causes

conversion to estrogen so you out compete fully pregnant woman

lemme guess : you have never bothered to check your blood! amiright or amiright ?

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scammed said:

no that is where you got it 180 degree wrong,

taking testosterone almost invariably causes

conversion to estrogen so you out compete fully pregnant woman

lemme guess : you have never bothered to check your blood! amiright or amiright ?

No, you're wrong, just as I thought you'd be.

Tell me why I'm not pregnant after 16 years of TRT by injection.

And tell me why you seem to be some sort of body building nerd obsessed with the BS jargon.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mister Fixit said:

No, you're wrong, just as I thought you'd be.

Tell me why I'm not pregnant after 16 years of TRT by injection.

And tell me why you seem to be some sort of body building nerd obsessed with the BS jargon.

you dont have eggs, but your estrogen level suggest you have. i did use testosterone and other stuff,

i also did check blood, and that is why i know

i out competed pregnant woman  in estrogen levels

1 hour ago, scammed said:

you dont have eggs, but your estrogen level suggest you have. i did use testosterone and other stuff,

i also did check blood, and that is why i know

i out competed pregnant woman  in estrogen levels

I assume you didn't have a pituitary adenoma like I had then.    And how on earth would you know what my oestrogen levels are?