New Hollywood remake of 'Wizard of Oz' is in the works

webfact

13 hours ago, mikebike said:

Why get your panties in a bunch? Just stay in the bubble and only watch soothing, old-timey, non-inclusive stuff. No one else cares.

Seems like primary demographic here is angry at everything, and can't handle change. And it's adult diapers getting bunched.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:33 AM, ThailandRyan said:

The bigger question is will they use munchkins and flying monkeys in the remake.  

No, the bigger question is will they still have a pre teen cavorting with 4 adult male characters, and having a large animal in close proximity gives rise to all sorts of uncomfortable questions.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:41 AM, unblocktheplanet said:

Oz has been remade in film & TV dozens of time. The Judy Garland film is everybody's favourite movie. If they try to update & modernise Oz, and take out its wholesome message--home, friendship, heart, brains & courage--they'll ruin it.

If they make her a "strong" female that goes around beating up people ( and flying monkeys ) it's definitely going to be pants. Hmmmm, will they make the witches male as women are never nasty these days?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Some of us don't like paying to have other people's woke PC agenda forced on us. There used to be a term for people of colour put into the cast just so a person of colour would be in the movie or tv show, but it's no longer polite to use it.

You mean I can not say Black Face...

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wrong. Perhaps you are too young to remember the term. It started about the 70s or 80s.

Oh I remember that infamous word, the one they still use themselves to call each other, like "what's up my N....." but one that can not be used by others. as it would be racist.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not enough minority groups or LGBTs in the original. 

Although they did use lots of midgets which should have covered the minority groups.

Seems they like to get a lil rowdy.....Toto swung both ways I heard.. ????

https://people.com/celebrity/teenage-judy-garland-was-repeatedly-molested-by-munchkins-on-set-of-wizard-of-oz-says-her-ex-husband/

On 2/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Oh I remember that infamous word, the one they still use themselves to call each other, like "what's up my N....." but one that can not be used by others. as it would be racist.

Nothing to do with N word. The term has two words in it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 2/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, bert bloggs said:

I have been reliably informed that Dorothy is being played by a lady of colour in a wheelchair who was born a man but has now transitioned...

She already has been, in the Black (blaxploitation?) Wizard of Oz. I'm guessing she'll remain so & won't be 'gender-flipped'. Neither will the Wizard of Oz change from a misogynist, white-privileged member of the patriarchy. The Tin Man will still be a clueless white man, the brown Lion will be a courageous hero and the Wicked Witch will be Winston Churchill. ????

God I hope this woke wave subsides soon. It's ruining what's left of a tattered movie (film) industry.

• Like 1