Noise noise noise help help help

Somtamnication

10 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

A few years back we bought a new-build villa in a Ubon new housing development. 

People in the street right behind us bought a house and the no-house land next to it. They built a small hangar on the empty lot and started a cottage industry of recycling second-hand clothing they were buying by bag loads somewhere. Not really what you want to have as neighbors in a new middle income estate. 

And then they went big! They extended their hanger and stated working day and night. Not really big noise but loud voices and heavy car traffic. They were now too obvious and somebody (not me!) reported them to the estate developer and the economic authorities.

So one day soon thereafter a dozen cars and trucks with BKK plates showed up carrying all sorts of officials. Most in some sort of uniform. A few police too.

Anyway they told the "factory" people that a cottage industry was OK. Daytime only. But that a full scale undeclared factory was not allowed in a housing estate.

So the cottage industry has resumed but no more voices outside and the activities' must stop by 6PM and on WE and holidays.

Fortunate.

I have always told my kids not to buy next to empty land.....you have no idea what will happen.

Did they listen? 

One now has a an apartment block being built on what was seemingly rare, green space in central London (couldn't believe they got permission) and another child bought next to a deserted airfield......that is now being re-commissioned!!!!!!!

• Sad 1