Marriage visa

It seems the officer is scamming you to get the 20k baht if you have all the correct supporting documents to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

I assume you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Unless he is the head of the office you could ask to talk to his supervisor or call 1178 to do a complaint.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems the officer is scamming you to get the 20k baht if you have all the correct supporting documents to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

Unless he is the head of the office you could ask to talk to his supervisor or call 1178 to do a complaint.

i do have 400k baht in my bank account from last two months 

do i i have right to complaint for a corrupt immigration officer 

even he send message to me on LINE about visa but not mention the money he ask for

15 minutes ago, alibpknon said:

even he send message to me on LINE about visa but not mention the money he ask for

You do have a right to complain. You could go back and try to talk to the boss about your extension.

He has no right to deny your extension application unless you are missing some supporting documents.

1 hour ago, alibpknon said:

At which office does this rogue officer work? Others on here who have to apply for marriage extensions at that particular office would definitely welcome knowing about your unfortunate experience, I think.

17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

At which office does this rogue officer work? Others on here who have to apply for marriage extensions at that particular office would definitely welcome knowing about your unfortunate experience, I think.

Nonthaburi

Nonthaburi

There are plenty of reports on here about this roguest of rogue immigration offices. Looks like the mini-purge which took place last July didn't weed out all the bad apples:-

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

There are plenty of reports on here about this roguest of rogue immigration offices. Looks like the mini-purge which took place last July didn't weed out all the bad apples:-

Very sad but still nothing has changed 

Just now, Tanoshi said:

1. If your positive your application was in order then call 1178.

2. Didn't your wife say anything?

3. Try to trap him into mentioning 'his' fee on LINE

These guys only succeed if you do nothing about it.

I tried that he mention tea money but he seems to be a professional smart guy and threatened that if I didn't follow his demand my visa won't be extended and I have to leave the kingdom 

3 minutes ago, alibpknon said:

I tried that he mention tea money but he seems to be a professional smart guy and threatened that if I didn't follow his demand my visa won't be extended and I have to leave the kingdom 

Didn't your wife witness the conversation?

32 minutes ago, alibpknon said:

Yes she's a  witness of all this but afraid too 

Sorry, but this is a case where your wife needs to speak up.

Explain if you leave Thailand so does the money.

Either speak to the supervisor and complain or call 1178.

2 other options are do nothing, pay the 20K and expect the same next year, or, leave Thailand.

I have all supporting documents 400k in my account from last two months 

You pay to the agents if you don't have enough supporting documents or no money in your bank account for less than two months 

1) Do you currently have an O Visa ?

2) Is this your first extension of that original permission to stay ?

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The answer is no and no.

It is his 2nd extension of stay application (read the OP).

I'd suggest something is missing from the story. While Nonthaburi can be difficult, they usually end up granting the extension UNLESS some item us missing. Did he have a witness from the same district to verify his marriage ? My neighbor just obtained his extension there so something is amiss.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

"I assume you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months."

Or records showing a minimum of 40k per month on average of International Transfers over a 12 month period?

(Note - in my immigration Office, that means 12 monthly International Transfers of a minimum of 40k baht each month)

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Or records showing a minimum of 40k per month on average of International Transfers over a 12 month period?

He mentioned he had money in the bank or such already,

1 hour ago, sambum said:

(Note - in my immigration Office, that means 12 monthly International Transfers of a minimum of 40k baht each month)

That is what I have used for 2 extension now after I could no longer get proof from embassy any more (used it for 11 extensions before that).

4 hours ago, alibpknon said:

Yes she's a  witness of all this but afraid too 

If my wife had been there she would have screamed the place down.... just 6 months ago they tried to fine me 2k for not being able to provide a piece of paperwork (i forget what for), my wife looked her in the eye and mentioned reporting her to the police for corruption and she got quite flustered and magically the 2k was all forgotten.

Don't pay the bribe. Next time you are in there to do the extension have your phone out and record the whole thing. If he mentions the 20k you got him by the balls.

36 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

If my wife had been there she would have screamed the place down.... just 6 months ago they tried to fine me 2k for not being able to provide a piece of paperwork (i forget what for), my wife looked her in the eye and mentioned reporting her to the police for corruption and she got quite flustered and magically the 2k was all forgotten.

Don't pay the bribe. Next time you are in there to do the extension have your phone out and record the whole thing. If he mentions the 20k you got him by the balls.

In 15 years i have never been asked for a bribe here in Pattaya,mind you if either my son or my wife had been there if i had been ,there would have been holy hell .mind you i am talking big money ,in a certain dept we were asked for 500 baht donation ,and that was handed over ,it was not at immigration though.

48 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

just 6 months ago they tried to fine me 2k for not being able to provide a piece of paperwork (i forget what for),

I read these type of posts every day. Fact is there is often 2 sides to every story.

Perhaps "the piece of paperwork...."  was late fine for overdue 90 day report, which just happens to be 2000baht.

Your post has little creditability without being more clear.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He mentioned he had money in the bank or such already,

That is what I have used for 2 extension now after I could no longer get proof from embassy any more (used it for 11 extensions before that).

Yes, that put the cat amongst the pigeons for a while! I think that the withdrawal of the "Proof of Income" letter has only served to drive a substantial number of people down the " using an agent" route, and that in itself is lining the pockets of corrupt Immigration Officers! (Maybe that was the plan all along!)

The other point I was  alluding to was that each Immigration Office (r) has his/her own interpretation of the requirements, ("12 monthly payments" is not the same as "over a 12  month period", and as I have said a few times, IMO the Head Immigation Office should issue clear instructions which should be adhered to by all Immigration Offices so they are in fact "all singing from the same hymnsheet", but that is probably too much to ask for!  

Archived