Non-Immigrant "B" (Business Visa) or “B-A” (Business Approved Visa)

I hadn't come across a B-A but this page gives information https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-b?menu=5e1ff6f857b01e00a84023d4

It seems the B-A is applied for by the prospective employer in Thailand and gives a 12 month stay on arrival, a sort of pre-approved extension.

I would imagine the regular B would be easier to obtain simply because it's much more common, but then you need to do an extension within 90 days of arriving.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A NON-BA visa does not exist as far as I know.

Have a look at my link Joe, about half way down the page (Para 2.2) it describes the B-A. 

2.2   Non-Immigrant Visa category “B-A” (Business Approved Visa)           The granting of such visa to qualified applicants is under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.  The applicant’s associated company in which he or she will invest in or conduct business with may apply for this type of visa on behalf of the applicant at the Office of the Immigration Bureau.  Once the application is approved, the Immigration Bureau will advise the concerned Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Consulate-General via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue the visa to the applicant.  The holder of this category “B-A” visa will be permitted to stay for a period of one year from the date of first entry into the Kingdom.

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Have a look at my link Joe, about half way down the page (Para 2.2) it describes the B-A. 

It seems the MFA has finally fixed their website. I had given up on finding anything about visas on it since they changed it before.

I have a feeling that immigration would not know anything about it. Same for some embassy websites I checked.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have a feeling that immigration would not know anything about it. Same for some embassy websites I checked.

Yup, have to agree with that, if Joe doesn't know nobody else will ???? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived