Buying a resin printer from Aliexpress

JustAnotherFarang

I am interested in buying an anycubic photon and wash and cure station from Aliexpress.  The official Anycubic store has a nice promotion for both items and 3 ltrs of resin for 14,231 bht including delivery.  But there lies the problem as I know they use FedEx Thailand and they have a notorious reputation for slapping excessive taxes on parcels shipped with them.  Does anyone know what import taxes and duties may be levelled on this parcel?  

The cheapest I have seen the Mono and Wash and Cure in Thailand is for 15,000 bht on Lazada but there is no free resin offered in that deal.  The exact same deal on Aliexpress is 11,750 bht which is a substantial difference

Thanks for your time and advice offered

JAF

Edited by JustAnotherFarang

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

I have never heard of that happening but Im would think it will be fine

Worth looking into before shelling out money. As usual, not easy to track down details but it does seem a bit of a grey area as this comment on an article about restrictions being lifted seems to point to:

March 14th, 2020 7:55 AM

This title is strongly MISLEADING. I've just imported a cheap 3D printer to Thailand (March 2020). 1. The customs require the buyer to have an "Import License" BEFORE you can buy ANY type of 3D printers, even kits, parts, etc. 2. If you don't know this before you buy the printer (none of the shops will warn you...), you will have done something illegal and you will have to pay a fine. 3. Foreigners/expats living in Thailand may also need a "Foreign Trading" license. 4. When the license work is completed, it's time to pay for for storage, registrations, customs declarations, VAT, etc. 5. If you're not prepared, a cheap printer can easily cost 200-300% extra, while expensive printers will likely be 50-100% extra.

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/thai-govt-removes-ban-on-import-regulations-of-3d-printers

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure it's legal to import them into Thailand?

Recently a friend bough a 3D printer from China. It arrived in Thailand and then the authorities informed him that it was illegal for a private person to import it.

Better check!

You are right and its probably not worth all the bother, shame really but these are the pros and cons of living here, sometimes we just end up paying more

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

You are right and its probably not worth all the bother, shame really but these are the pros and cons of living here, sometimes we just end up paying more

When my friend ordered his 3D printer (no laser) he could have bought it in Thailand. But he thought he will get a better price from China. That thought cost him a couple of thousand THB, see above.

I don't know if that happens all the time. But it is definitely something to keep in mind.

• Thanks 1